News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

wow! what a faire!

Started by laedyfaire, July 14, 2009, 07:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laedyfaire

we totally enjoyed ourselves.. you guys have an amazing shire! the actors/shows were fantastic..esp. the trial and dunk, well wenches, da vinci, hey nunnie nunnie!,.well, ALL of them were top notch!

..the bad dog tavern was a great place to wait out the storm on saturday. great locations of beer, beautiful grounds...the list goes on and on.

oh..and the pub sing was so much fun. what a beautiful queen!

next year, two trips are going on the agenda for sure. one trip up there is most assuredly not enough.

( nice to meet you photomike and finally!! Lady Amy...) LF

MMario

Glad you enjoyed it.  Those of us who call Sterling "home" are spoiled.

irish

:o SPOILED? Who ya calling spoiled???....... :P
(bratty) irish   ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on July 14, 2009, 09:42:34 AM
(bratty) irish   ;D

ROFL  !!   

100 %  spolied  faire  brats  I guess  we   both are , Irish    !!!

Laedyfaire  it was great  to  finally meet  you  and Al  in person.  Glad  you had  a great  time.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Khaalis

Don't forget WOLGEMUT! Wrar!  ;D
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

photomike

We got another convert! So glad you enjoyed our Faire laedyfaire.
It was a pleasure to meet both you & Lady Amy of York last week.
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Tygrkat

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on July 14, 2009, 03:42:12 PM
(bratty) irish   ;D

ROFL  !!   

Laedyfaire  it was great  to  finally meet  you  and Al  in person.  Glad  you had  a great  time.

Heeheeheee...that will make me 100% Spoiled Faire Brat #3  ;)

Laedyfaire, I am sorry I missed meeting you, but I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our shire and hope we'll meet next time you visit!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Tygrkat on July 15, 2009, 06:39:17 PM
Quote from: Lady Amy of York on July 14, 2009, 03:42:12 PM
(bratty) irish   ;D

ROFL  !!   

Heeheeheee...that will make me 100% Spoiled Faire Brat #3  ;)

Laedyfaire, I am sorry I missed meeting you, but I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our shire and hope we'll meet next time you visit!

ROFL !   Ladies  and  gentleman i give  you  the   sweet, lovely,  and  not so innoccent  Faire  Brat  sisters  :    Lady Amy, Irish,  Tygrkat,  Sterlingfan.        ( gee  sounds  like  a  musical  act.. maybe  we  can pitch our  act  to  Sir  Waterbury )  ROFL  !!!

irish

;D Ladies & Gentlemen! Announcing the "Waterbury Brats"!!!

:D <Lady Amy   8) < SterlingFan   ;) <Tygrkat   :P <irish 
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

laedyfaire

oh..you most certainly have us as converts...nothing for nothing. but NYRF could definitely use a few pointers from your Sterling..IMHO

yes, wolgemut was fantastic also. my girls loved the mudshow..saw it three times.

one of my faves is the sheriff! what an awesome evil laugh..and his son! adorable actually :)))

Amy..are you going again anytime soon?

photomike..how did you make out with the photos? will you put them up here. and oh by they way, my lost bag was at the lost and found!

Lady Amy of York

Laedyfaire,
          I  am hoping  to  go  this  weekend  to faire  either Saturday or  Sunday if  the  weather permits.(   i need  to get  better rain appropriate  garb  one  of  these  years,  plus  like i  said  my    two older dogs  and  my horses  are  not crazy  about  when it  thuderstorms  ).  I have  this  neat Cat/Dragon puppet  i want  to wear  with  my  gown  for  fantasy  weekend.  It looks  so real .

I also have  plans  right now  to be  there  both  days  for  Pirate  weekend  - weather permitting-but it better not rain,  cause  i  know  some people  from virgina  coming  , and  also  i just  got  a  new  sword  and pistol i want  to wear.

And i also plan on  going one  of  the  two  days  for  Highland  weekend  cause My husband  Tim  promised  me  he  would  wear his  kilt.

And  then we  may  go   one  of  the  days  for grand  finale  weekend.

and  i wanted  to  get  down you way  to go to NYRF  and  also visit  my parents, but  do not know  yet.     Schedule is getting  tight  here   for  the  summer.

If  you are thinking of  coming back up this  way, lert  me  know.

photomike

Greetings Laedyfaire,
                            I am glad you recovered you bag, most of out patrons are good about returning things.
I will be posting the potos on my photobucket sight, http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/wildroverphotos/
I will post a message when I get some pix up. I do have some pix of our cast in the Fair haven 4th parade & some preview pix posted today.
More will be posted soon!

SterlingFan

Quote from: irish on July 15, 2009, 10:05:47 PM
;D Ladies & Gentlemen! Announcing the "Waterbury Brats"!!!

:D <Lady Amy   8) < SterlingFan   ;) <Tygrkat   :P <irish 

ROFL ;D  Yep, spoiled here too  8)
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

SterlingFan

QuoteROFL !   Ladies  and  gentleman i give  you  the   sweet, lovely,  and  not so innoccent  Faire  Brat  sisters  :    Lady Amy, Irish,  Tygrkat,  Sterlingfan.        ( gee  sounds  like  a  musical  act.. maybe  we  can pitch our  act  to  Sir  Waterbury )  ROFL  !!!

I need to figure out how to add more than one quote at a time to a post lol !  Love this Lady Amy ;D !  I'm not that great of a singer though :-X - maybe I can just do a dance number.

Aaroncois

Quote from: SterlingFan on July 17, 2009, 10:52:18 AM

I need to figure out how to add more than one quote at a time to a post lol !  

There are lots of ways to do this, but the easiest is just to copy and paste the chunks you wish to quote until you have them together in a single new post then select each separate piece of text you wish to show as quoted and click the "insert quote" button from amongst the icons above the line of smiley faces.

If anything isn't quite where you want it, it's also easy to manually type in the quote and /quote tags, placing the quote tag before one chunk of text you want to quote and /quote at the end of that same chunk of text. Each of those tags/words has to be enclosed in brackets []. Just remember that each tag is a set of two - the first tag turns the quote box ON, the second tag (the one with the slash - /) turns the quote box off again.

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: photomike on July 16, 2009, 11:51:11 PM
Greetings Laedyfaire,
                            I am glad you recovered you bag, most of out patrons are good about returning things.
I will be posting the potos on my photobucket sight, http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/wildroverphotos/
I will post a message when I get some pix up. I do have some pix of our cast in the Fair haven 4th parade & some preview pix posted today.
More will be posted soon!

Photomike  i was looking at   the few  pictures  you have up  from  the  first weeknd  at faire,   The  liitle    red headed girl in  the  brown gown , is  she  the  adorable  little  mini  queen Elizabeth  from  last  year    that was  so adorable    and  cute    and  stealing  the   spotlight  from  the  queen?  She  is  too  darling.

photomike

Ya the wee queen made her return! I think she will also be back again this season.
Hope to see you again soon!

SterlingFan

Quote from: Aaroncois on July 17, 2009, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: SterlingFan on July 17, 2009, 10:52:18 AM

I need to figure out how to add more than one quote at a time to a post lol !  

There are lots of ways to do this, but the easiest is just to copy and paste the chunks you wish to quote until you have them together in a single new post then select each separate piece of text you wish to show as quoted and click the "insert quote" button from amongst the icons above the line of smiley faces.

If anything isn't quite where you want it, it's also easy to manually type in the quote and /quote tags, placing the quote tag before one chunk of text you want to quote and /quote at the end of that same chunk of text. Each of those tags/words has to be enclosed in brackets []. Just remember that each tag is a set of two - the first tag turns the quote box ON, the second tag (the one with the slash - /) turns the quote box off again.

Thanks Aaroncois !  I was having a Zoolander computer moment lol !

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: laedyfaire on July 14, 2009, 07:50:47 AM
we totally enjoyed ourselves.. you guys have an amazing shire! the actors/shows were fantastic..esp. the trial and dunk, well wenches, da vinci, hey nunnie nunnie!,.well, ALL of them were top notch!

..the bad dog tavern was a great place to wait out the storm on saturday. great locations of beer, beautiful grounds...the list goes on and on.

oh..and the pub sing was so much fun. what a beautiful queen!

next year, two trips are going on the agenda for sure. one trip up there is most assuredly not enough.

( nice to meet you photomike and finally!! Lady Amy...) LF

I think this is the Fair that my Mother ended up at by mistake last year. She was trying to get to the NYRF in Sterling Forest... and got on the bus to the Sterling RF instead..lol    She enjoyed it as I recall, but it was a heck of a trip.

Well LF, you'll have to tell me all about it  ;D  I guess I will have to make a voyage to Sterling as well!

Ozium

It was no mistake ! But i am biased toward Sterling.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Khaalis

Aye, there has always been some confusion caused by the Sterling NY and Sterling Forest (Tuxedo NY) issue...
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

MMario

Which is why those "in the know" (and most Faire people outside of Tux) call the NYRF "Tux" or "Tuxedo" and Sterling is Sterling.