News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you get your off season fix?

Started by bellevivre, July 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

There was a very sad 3 years of my life where I couldnt go to faire due to work... so, on my off hours, I'd watch the webcams while OTHER people were playing, and listen to RenRadio.

Last night I found a computer game that is based in an actual faire... that was fun!

I listen to Ren music more than 'mundane' music...

How do you get your fix? Help! I'm an addict!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Dinobabe

What's the game?!  Link us up!

Webcams?  Really?

Lots and lots and lots and lots of Ren music.
Staring into my garb closet.
Reading Ren books.
Watching Ren movies, no matter how bad they are! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Serenity

Yes, please let us know what game that is.

I don't think I've had another cds other than faire groups in my player all year.  Also, simply spending time on boards such as this always helps.  Taking quizzes, learning more about the time period, saving for garb and other things I know I will purchase.  That's what gets me through the day. ;D
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

bellevivre

it's called GHOST Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire- from reading the credits, I think the scenes are based on Bristol (which Ive never been to- *sniff*) You can download it from Big Fish Games
Belle the Kat

Charlotte Rowan

Sounds like a fun game!! I might have to try it...

I get my off-season fix from these forums and ogling new garb online (which usually I don't buy....)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Yrose

I'll have to check out the game. Sir Edward and I get our fix by attending and planning gatherings with other faire friends. Nothing like a party at the camp grounds in your backyard with most in garb, all with mugs, ren music on the ipod and lots of good times.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Ginette

Being that the family and I can financially go only once a season to our home faire of TRF, we go to AARG once a month.  AARG is the Austin Area Rennie Gathering and everyone dresses in garb and socializes while having fun, kids are welcome too.  Then faire music and YouTube videos are popular as well in my house.  The family and I are camping for the first time this season over the All Hollows Eve weekend.  I spend my mornings at work planning out the show schedule I want to see for about the last week or so, wanting to make sure I get in all the shows I want to see.  Thanks to Teach I want to see more then I think I'm gonna be able to see this year.   ;)
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

bellevivre

Ginette- when and where? Ive only made it to one, which i dont think was a regular meetup, and we always wish there were more active Rennies in Austin!! Hook me up!!!
Belle the Kat

Ginette

July's AARG is at Sherwood Forest faire Grounds.  But I'm not going to be able to make it out to Sherwood, my part time weekend job keeps me from that.  So I was hoping any people would want to get together at Dog and Duck any ways, maybe ithers that can't make it out to Sherwood but could to Dog and Duck.  Normaly AARG is the 3rd Saturday of the month when faire is not in season at Dog & Duck at 7:30 till when ever.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

bellevivre

whee! found Moon)Dawg's site... so, this Saturday at Dog & Duck (because it's too hot at Sherwood!)
Belle the Kat

RenaissanceBarbie

Last off season I got super hooked on the podcast Marc Gunn does and found a bunch of great groups and great music I'd never heard.  That and I searched everywhere on the web for photos from my faire and found a ton of great stuff.  I also compiled a ton of period music for my singing group.  That and I sing madrigals off season too, but that would be the dork in me.   ::)
Taken out of context I must seem so strange.

Malkavian

I generally spend the rest of the year slowly but surely editing the mountain of photos I took, and listening to the CDs I got :) (no, still not done with the photos even though CRF is almost here again)

Lady Neysa

I do what some of you have already posted.  I watch ren related movies, listen to ren music,  plan (but don't alway do) garb projects. Spend lots of time on the net at ren related sites, especially this one, and spend lots of time on facebook keeping caught up with other ren folk. 

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Quote from: bellevivre on July 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

Last night I found a computer game that is based in an actual faire... that was fun!

OOOO a game?! What game?
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

RenaissanceBarbie

Quote from: Lady Everclear on July 17, 2009, 10:29:58 PM
Quote from: bellevivre on July 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

OOOO a game?! What game?

Sweet!  How can I get a hold of a copy?  :D
Taken out of context I must seem so strange.