News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you get your off season fix?

Started by bellevivre, July 15, 2009, 10:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJames

Wow, Lady Renee, that looks like fun! My wife and I had discuss having a "Ren Night" in the winter months w/ food, candles, and wine (eer more ale for me ;D).

I usually start planning a trip or two for faires and work on putting together some type of garb esamble. Being that we are still new, there are always things and accesories that we need to get!

Nighthawk

First event of the season is coming up for me soon! St Patrick's Day is just around the corner. I have a new kilt on order that should be here by then, so my off season is almost over! Woot!

kcdcchef

This is the time of year that sucks for me, I will not get any RenFaire action for another 6 weeks or so and am too busy to travel to one. Darnit!

scarletnyx

Quote from: Ginette on July 15, 2009, 11:55:27 AM
Being that the family and I can financially go only once a season to our home faire of TRF, we go to AARG once a month.  AARG is the Austin Area Rennie Gathering and everyone dresses in garb and socializes while having fun, kids are welcome too.  Then faire music and YouTube videos are popular as well in my house.  The family and I are camping for the first time this season over the All Hollows Eve weekend.  I spend my mornings at work planning out the show schedule I want to see for about the last week or so, wanting to make sure I get in all the shows I want to see.  Thanks to Teach I want to see more then I think I'm gonna be able to see this year.   ;)

Is this gathering very strict, or could anyone who is at least trying to be somewhay period show up? My husband and I are new to this, and we would love to try out a smaller gathering!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

DonaCatalina

I haven't even been able to work on garb with the new puppy around. So I am experiencing a bad case of withdrawal.
For the AARG, I think you would need to talk to Queen Bonnie.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

kcdcchef

Sadly, it is getting closer and closer to time for all of us to think about where to get our off season fix.

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

For you Northeastern pirates, a fix will be available in late Feb 2012: The Pirates Other Salty Ball, to be held in northern Ct, for 2012 featuring The Crimson Pirates and The Brigands, in a night of song, merriment and debauchery.  Details later this year.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DT_Masters

Being a Rennie is, for me, a part of the theatrical side of me that has been allowed to come out and play more in the recent years. Doing belly dancing is part of it, taking acting classes is part of it, going to performances can be part of it. They all can contribute to getting the fix.

Lady Kett

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 06, 2011, 08:44:03 AM
ANYONE ever heard of this one?
http://piratedays.org/

We went 2 years ago Dona, much fun. Dressed as pirates. Most fun was the pet costume party. Bring your new baby! :)

If you are going, let us know - perhaps we can catch up with each other!

DonaCatalina

Well, unfortunately October 15 is the only day we could get an appointment for Lady Sybil to be fixed. So we won't be able to make it. maybe next year.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess