News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Fluffy' Faeries

Started by bellevivre, July 15, 2009, 10:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellalye

I recently costumed a pregnant faerie for Scarborough, She is a gorgeous buxom beauty and pulled it off wonderfully!  I believe she went by gaia or goddess.. but it was originally designed as a faerie gown

I hope this helps.

toodles!

bellevivre

WOW!!! That is A-mazing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Jademozingo

Wow, the pregnant fairy came off so well!!! Adorable.  I was thinking of an autumn fairy for this Halloween, as fall is my favorite season.  My decision is whether I want to go a frosted, late fall or a sunny, flowery early fall.  I love these ideas and probably will make many overtime!

Some other ideas:
Fairy Midwife (I can see them as being fuffy)
Any big, fluffy flower...Iris, Magnolia, camillias
Strong trees like oak  would be good
Happiness (lots of colors, silliness possibly)  or Laughter I can definetly see as fluffy.

analise

Wait, you're supposed to have a theme?

I just went with colors I liked....

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

I do sooooo believe in fluffy faires. The fluffier the better!   

They last longer when I puts 'em in me cage.   ;)
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Anna Iram

I came upon this today and thought of Rose, Bellevivre.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbMYzdjuBs

Taffy Saltwater

Wow, that's beautiful - I feel like the Red Queen.
Sveethot!

bellevivre

yay! I love it! well, I have all the materials, and my beads will come today, so I'll start posting progress pics asap (also had to wait to get a new sewing chairs as the hubby broke mine!!)
Belle the Kat

FortuneRose

How has this project been coming along?  Sorry if I am out of the loop and pictures have been posted somewhere else or something.
LLVW

bellevivre

I'll upload pics this weekend- hope to have everything done save the wings...
Belle the Kat

LadyElizabeth

You know I'd never consider myself lithe or slender in any frame of reference, neither is my sister... and I think people love our fairy personas!!   I think anyone can be a fairy, no matter what, they just have to be able to act the part.  Maybe people think of fairies as thin because of the personality involved, giggly, floaty, silly, running around lots, playing games, and so on... as long as the more fluffy ladies can live up to these personality traits, then it's great!!

Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Francisco Paula

Look at those lovely faeries. They are my type of Faeries, the type that when you hug them you feel like you are hugging something other than a stick.

bellevivre

Well, LadyElizabeth, lol you can teach me out at TRF! I hope to be Rosabelle opening weekend, but time is coming short! The skirt is nearly done- will be done tonight, which leaves my green chemise and wings...
Belle the Kat

LadyElizabeth

I would love to play a little fairy baseball with you out at TRF... we are talking fairies though, just a warning.  TRF fairies only do minor ammounts of talking, my sis and I are non-stop fairy chatter!!!  I truly hope your outfit will be ready.  I have no idea if we'll be fairies at all opening weekend, but I will let you know.  We'll definitely be fairies the 2nd weekend which is the fae weekend!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

bellevivre

As requested, progress:

Pictures of my upcoming Fluffy Rose Faerie:

Concept:

Skirt Petals:

Finished Skirt:

The skirt 1ooks pretty shapleless now, but it TWIRLS perfectly!
Belle the Kat