News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faerie Glitter

Started by bellevivre, July 16, 2009, 01:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

but... wont the aquanet 1) start to flake off when youre sweating UNDER it, and 2) completely clog your pores?

my plan is:

I bought some white stage makeup, so the plan is to go pale with my face, and somewhat to the chest, then do pink/rose shading at temples, hairline- contours, basically, face and chest- a purplish eyeshadow, POSSIBLY fancy fake eyelashes, and I'll cover it all with my normal translucent-fair powder mixed with micro glitter and baby powder (to make it lighter still) then I'll finish with a rosy lip and glitter gel on cheekbones...

kindof a less colorful take on what the Bristol fairies do...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

FaeHollow

sounds pretty!

The aquanet flakes a little but not enough to cause my makeup to come off at all... it isn't noticable. And I haven't had any skin problems that I don't have with just liquid foundation and powder. I also seem to sweat on TOP of the aquanet without losing any makeup. It's a theatre secret that has been around awhile its essentially a stage makeup fixative... but it is cheaper and works better. my makeup stayed on in the rain on saturday even!
Leigh

Rowan MacD

If it's drama you want, try Sally Beauty Supply store.  They have bins of stuff for night club makeovers and it's CHEAP.
 Vials of skin glitter in more colors than I've ever seen anywhere else for .99 cents.
 Metallic lipsticks, nail polishes, neon hair color and gels, and all the tools to apply them.
  Clip-in color strands, natural and fake hair extensions, braids, curls and falls.
  It's a Salon supply store geared toward professional cosmeticians and beauticians, so I shop there instead of the costume stores.
  I have not looked for theater quality makeup, but I would bet they have it.  
   Did I mention they are CHEAP.
Sally outlets are all over the Omaha area.  
 Look for one in your area.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt