News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

anyone want to meet/Going to Muskogee.ok fair/ Last weekend /kaylee dance

Started by daylight, May 20, 2008, 03:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daylight

hey do let me know if you get it figured out on how to be at  two places at one time. I love the idea and would help me out alot. On the other hand I`am do hope you get to go muskogee fair you will love it ,it woundeful and lots of things going on there and the people are just wounderful, I have many friends there. I also love the food to much to eat, oooohhh but so good.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on August 22, 2008, 02:07:48 PM
what jousting troupe performs at the castle???????

That would be Noble Cause Productions, owned and managed by Bryan Beard aka Sir William of Whitehall.  They are based out of OKC, Ok.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Emerald Shaunassey on August 23, 2008, 04:07:05 PM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on August 22, 2008, 02:07:48 PM
what jousting troupe performs at the castle???????

That would be Noble Cause Productions, owned and managed by Bryan Beard aka Sir William of Whitehall.  They are based out of OKC, Ok.

Emerald

Thank You so much
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Vartha

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Vartha on February 20, 2009, 06:12:16 PM
I really hope I can make it this year.

Wealll

things may have improved for the better.  There may be a change in plans coming about which may improve the situation a bit.

I looked at the layout on the back of R/F mag. and noticed that nothing special is going on for the Memorial day weekend.  Is that still true or have they added anything special for that weekend.  I also checked and it seems that there is a campground just down the road a bit from the castle.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Jezzy MacPeaks

There is camping on 69 south of the faire, (left side of the road).  It's not far from all the restaurants and motels.  It's not the nicest leisurely type of camping, it's pretty exposed and very close to the highway.  Very few trees, nothing fancy, but it's a place to park your camper.

Ya know, I lived in Muskogee for five years before I ever entered the gates of that faire.  There's always a huge billboard up in town, but I never went, until Randy Stewart showed up at my Native American gift shop in the mall.  He invited me to the Faire and I went.  It was a life changing event for me, as within a few weeks, I was up at GLMF working, hawking leather mugs for the first time.  I fell in love with it all and now it's my chosen "career".  So, the Muskogee Faire holds a bit of sentimental value to me. 
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

daylight

Hey gald to see there is some buzz about the Musgokee fair. I love that fair and it is awalys so much fun. I hope to see you all there this year. I love all the to meet new faces each year and see the changes that have going on as well my old friends who remain and retun each and evey year. I`am forward to this year it will be a areal balst. Hope to see you all there. Keep the comments comming, I love to hear them all ;D

Friar Rohn the Chronicler

Last year I was able to go for 2 weekends and on the first day for the students. I would have gone all four weekends but my allergies kicked in overtime and one of the weekend's almost caused me to pile my car into one of those retaining walls on the highway going back to Tulsa.....seems you're not supposed to drive at high speeds while "power sneezing and coughing up a lung". Loved taking the playtrons photos but wished I could have attended when they handed out the photo DVDs I dropped off on the last day. Heard that it was stampede from friends. I'll be more prepared this year (refilled my Allegra already). Unfortunately I may not be garbed. I made the HUGE MISTAKE of purchasing from Armstreet and after almost 2 months, I never have received my Friar togs and they have refused to provide a valid tracking number (now working with PayPal for a refund). So I may go as a mundane again but my youngest nephew's really decked out for this year.

Friar Rohn

daylight

I will prob be in a pirate garb for part of the fair and then in a my lady grab for the rest of the fair, I will be going to the masked ball as well, will you and your fiends be going to maksed ball, also  will be at that kalee dance both of those events happen after the fair is closed for the evening. I will be also at the kings lunch and jousting match as well as human chess match.  The fair has something going on almost every evening after the fair closes you can enjoy the fair even longer. Me and my husband know so many people there and enjoy everyone as well metting new people I hope we get to meet each other there,it iwll be nice to meet someone who is on the fourm. ;D

Craigmeister

I wonder if they got the insurance coverage this year so they can crank up the trebuchets...
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

daylight

Sorry I don`t have that anwser for you, I have not been able to get there with all the rain and all It will be messy when the castel grounds get wet. So I decided not to go the first weekend of the fair. I hope to be there this comming weekend and I hope to see all of you there. ;D

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Earl of Olmsted and myself will be in attendence the weekend of 16 and 17 May. The weather for Saturday calls for  a  40% chance of rain. Sunday looks sunny and dry. We will wear the Noble garb then.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Saturday ended up being a glorious day in Miskogee after a strong Cold Front came through. It did not rain at all.

The castle in Muskogee is a wonderful place. The man who owns the property and runs the faire has put a great deal of money into this faire, that keeps getting bigger each year. A well run faire geared forthe whole family.

I took some photos before the Battery died. Silly me forgot to vharge the camera battery Friday night. It's charged now and will be taking more photos on Sunday.

The Earl and I hooked up with Friar Rohn. What a dear! Putting faces to the names of people who make up this community is what makes this community so special. Huzzah to you all!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

ladyharrogate

Please please, for any of you that go to Muskogee this weekend.  Can you please get some pictures of the joust?  I just made a horse caparison for their knight that rides in Red, Gold and Green and would love to have some pics of it as it's one of the prettiest pieces I've done.  I think he's riding as Sir Jeffrey and you can't miss him as his standard is a gold maltese cross.  Thank you ahead of time!  :)

Cormac

I'll be there this Sunday and will do my level best to capture a photo for you.