News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ghost Walk

Started by Ginette, July 17, 2009, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginette

I had emailed TRF staff and found out that the Ghost Walk is no longer happening.  I got no reason why, sorry.   >:(

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Ryk Rakham

Wow, I wonder why. It was a pretty cool event??
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

KiltedPrivateer

The walker was being overwhelmed for one.  George started cutting into his profits for two.  If there are other reasons, I'm not privy to them.  Those are the only two that were made known to me.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Ginette

PR for life!

Sir Martin

It is a shame if we are going to lose the Ghost Walk tour, but I would think that King George got a percentage of the profits from the very start.   ???

KiltedPrivateer

No - at first the originator drew 100%.  How he managed that? I have no idea.  I think he actually made it halfway through the season before George started dipping his wallet into that well. 

I may be off on how long he kept his profits before George tapped him.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Lady Ann of Draycott

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 28, 2009, 04:37:47 PM
The walker was being overwhelmed for one. 

I know for a fact that that statement is true...we went last year and so did a couple hundred other people...on the same night...at the same time... :P  There were WAY too many people if you really wanted to know what was going on and what they guy was saying.  It was a struggle to keep up at the front where we could hear him.  I would say the majority of the people there couldn't hear what he was saying...maybe didn't care either, just wanted to be able to walk around the grounds after dark... ;)
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Lady Rosaline

The year I went on the ghost walk 2007, I think, it was quiet a large crowd also. Granted it was All Hallows Eve weekend. There had to be 75 to 100 people maybe more. I couldn't hear half of what was said even though I managed to stay close to the front.   
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

FaeHollow

I went once... experienced nothing. But since I have been out at rehearsals I have experienced some things... had a pretty cool rush of feelings come over me at that chapel. It has some serious energy in it.
Leigh

Ginette

Being that the walk will not gonna happen ... this season anyways.  Did you learn anything about TRF, were there any stories that scared you from the walk?  I would love to hear a scary story or two about TRF.  I'm not to familiar with the history of TRF or its back ground and anything new would be fun.    :D
PR for life!

FaeHollow

I don't really remember the stories from the ghost walk. But there is apparently some guy that sits on the bridge at sherwood and someone is in the chapel and there have been many people that have died and had their ashes spread there because they love it so much... I cannot remember names but these are stories fellow cast have told me. None of the things I have heard are scary... these ghosts are her to be where they loved being and I am told they help out the people that work out there.
Leigh

Molden

*wonders ifn they'd scatter me ashes where th' crowd gathers fer th' chain maille show....*  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Chianti

Just to let you guys know, the Ghost Walk will be happening at TRF.  Same bat time, Same bat channel.

KiltedPrivateer

Thats good news - I was really bummed when I heard it wasn't going to happen this year.  Hopefully this year I'll actually get to take the tour
Lover of Lady Kitara

THELADYKAT

can you walk it if you work there?
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.