News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What age did you start faire?

Started by beeboy, May 20, 2008, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

My parents started doing TRF when i was probably 5... back in those days, they felt it a LITTLE too bawdy for us kids.. so my first time was at 17, which was actually my future Husband's first time too (he was 28). Turns out we both went to the last ever Flaming Idiots show at TRF!

Our (future) kids, will probably go with us once or twice as small children, then we will bring them after age 12 or so, depending on how well they can manage 'on thier own'...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Jack Daw at Work

Highland Fling weekend is great, but Halloween weekend is a wild party!
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Rellspire

Don't make me get my whip!

Jinglebum

I've been going since I was 13. First time camping was at 18. First time in garb was at 17. Now I feel naked (in the bad way... :P) if I step inside the festival without garb on.

My children (when I have them some day in the future...) will be going from the time they are wee little ones. I've already made the decision that no matter where I'm living, I'll be attending TRF at least a few weekends every year!
Oh... Shiny!

kcdcchef

Quote from: dobbydog on September 02, 2009, 03:02:18 PM
I've been going since I was 13. First time camping was at 18. First time in garb was at 17. Now I feel naked (in the bad way... :P) if I step inside the festival without garb on.

My children (when I have them some day in the future...) will be going from the time they are wee little ones. I've already made the decision that no matter where I'm living, I'll be attending TRF at least a few weekends every year!

you'll be happy you did. i go back to kcrf annually even living 1,000 miles away. and i am so happy i do it, even going to other faires.

if i have kids, i will expose them to renfest life and let them decide what they wanna do. but i am sure they'll love it!!

Jinglebum

Quoteif i have kids, i will expose them to renfest life and let them decide what they wanna do. but i am sure they'll love it!!

Haha I don't think any kids of mine would dislike it. :P At least not if they take after myself or whomever their father is (can't see myself with someone who is not as strange as me. :P haha).

Even if they don't end up liking it... at least they'll have many interesting stories to tell of their crazy rennie mother when they're older. Haha
Oh... Shiny!

RSLeask

Was taken to my first at, like, 14 or 15 by my aunt.  Was her, my sister, and me.  We were all danes then, but had an absolute blast of a time.  Been lucky in my service to have been stationed near faire, so I've been going every year, albeit until last year, it was maybe once or twice a season.  First outfit 3 years ago.  Another last year, and now, I'm pretty much hooked into the life.  If ever blessed with children, you better believe they will be renrats!   :D
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

ArielCallista

Mt first faire was when I was 15 or 16 (my birthday is mid faire season) and the next year I showed up in garb and have every year since! so its only been about 5 years
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Rapier Half-Wit

I started with the SCA at 15 in '78, which immediatly lead to TRF that same fall, because the local SCA 'kingdom' of Stargate used to be very involved with TRF at the time. So my first faire was in garb at TRF in '78 and I was 15.

(Side note: If anyone has any pics of TRF from the very early days, I think it would make a spectacular thread idea.)
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Jack Daw at Work

Quote from: Rapier Half-Wit on November 06, 2009, 06:06:14 PM
I started with the SCA at 15 in '78, which immediatly lead to TRF that same fall, because the local SCA 'kingdom' of Stargate used to be very involved with TRF at the time. So my first faire was in garb at TRF in '78 and I was 15.

(Side note: If anyone has any pics of TRF from the very early days, I think it would make a spectacular thread idea.)

I do, from the mid-1980s, but I wasn't garbed in those days.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

ladylissame

My first faire visit was Sept 4, 2000 at the Ohio Renaissance Festival (also where I got my first kiss). I haven't missed a season since.

Ken

My first faire was the Texas Renaissance Festival, which I traveled to from Louisiana to visit.  It was in 1983 and I was 14.  I loved it so much that I figured out a way to go again a few weeks later.  The next year I was in garb and it's been downhill ever since.   :D

~Ken
"Mom, Dad...I'm Gaelic."
As never seen in Renaissance Magazine.

THELADYKAT

Dorian started fair scarby 09 in my belly then TRF at 2 months and 4 days and now Scarby again he will be 8 months and 4 days old opening weekend
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

Star Chamber

2007. Scarborough Fair. Age 21.

LadyFae

I started attending faire when I was 27.  My daughters started attending faire when they were 'just turned' 1, almost 1, and 10 days old.  Start 'em young, I say!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"