News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What age did you start faire?

Started by beeboy, May 20, 2008, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady De Rue Rue

Ahh, the memories!  I started at age six with my family and some friends of the family in 1977 as a peasant in garb my mother made.  We continued until 1980 and stopped because I refused to go unless I was dressed in noble garb.

Then I returned to Bristol last year in full noble garb at age 39 with my husband and daughter who was 2 years old in semi-noble garb.  Our daughter like mother refused one weekend to attend the Faire, because I was going to "glue on additional pearls" instead of "hand sewn pearls" on her garb.  As the Queen Mother I put my foot down and told her "it either the glue gun pearls" or "go with the pearls that you have"  She chose the later of the two, and that gave my lord plenty of side comments of "you should have never read your costume history books to get her to sleep".  Lesson learned! ;D

dreamwalker

Let's see 1st Ren Faire (little one) I was 19. But the fever did start grabbing me until I was 23. Went to Scarbourgh, I've been a happily Renner since then. Started garbing...ekk mid 20s I believe. now I'm hard core and thinking about camping and getting work at one.
Normal? What's that?

Evie McCann

I started at 26. Late bloomer. Unfortunately, I'm also geographically challenged. My closest faire is Scarby, 5 hours away. :'(
aka. Lady Eve

Bob of the Lake

I was an even later bloomer and was in my early 40s when I first discovered faire--thanks to my son. He didn't have a driver's license then so I drove him to NYRF. I was instantly hooked! Both my kids are grown and out of the house now but we always make it a point to go to faire together at least once a season.  :)
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

ladylissame

I started my son when he was 1 month and 3 days old :) He's 3 months old today

lordwriothsley

Well Happy Birthday to your son then ladylissame.  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Aderin

20! I missed all of the field trips my highschool enjoyed for some reason! They went to faire every year!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

LadyAsh

I went to my first faire, I believe back in the summer of 2006. I was 15 at the time, going on 16 in November. It was the Southern Connecticut Renaissance Faire, and I fell in love right when I walked into the gates with my family (it was my mom, dad, and brother.) there, I got my first set of garb, and I also remember being picked for a show! Ever since then, I have been trying to make an effort to attend faire every year.
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

DarklyCute

I started going when I was 15, which was in 2004. I have wore cobbled together garb multiple times, but this year my 10th year of going will be my first time in proper garb.

My fiances first time going to the faire was last year and this year will be his first time in garb.

Traveler

Only been to one faire so far, TRF, back in '07 (at least I think it was '07).  I was 16 at the time.  Now just starting to get into faires again, as much as college life and finances will allow.  Sad to say, no garb yet.  :(
May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand. - A Simple Traveler.

Cilean

I was 9 when I first went to faire and 24 when I began working faire!  I did not make my own clothing/garb until I was in my 30's.

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail