News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What age did you start faire?

Started by beeboy, May 20, 2008, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Phoenix

I didn't see a ren faire untill I moved to the Twin cities at the age of twenty two.  My grandaughter has me beat.  First ren faire at three weeks old at our home faire. She will cleebrate her first birthday there this year since our faire moved its dates and they landed right on her birthday. 

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

SCA then Faire - I was 20 then, 20 years ago this fall.  Basically my adult life.   ::)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

NoBill Lurker

First time was in 1993 at the age of 29...
First time in grab 1994...
It's been 15 years now,and I've loved every moment!!!  ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Justin

Used to go to Scarby in the 80's as a kid/teen.  I can't believe how its grown.  Got back into it in '05 with the wife and now do the costumes and everything at Scarb/TRF several times a year.  Some day when work has less of a stranglehold on us, we want to travel around the country and see different faires.

We started the little one (9) out last year and she enjoys it.

Lady Tess

I was 14 or 15 when I went to my first faire (Carolina) and I dressed up for the first time just last year (24).

RenRobin

I started attending TRF 26 years ago, at the tender age of 18.  Man does time fly!  I have seen a lot of changes thru the years.
Loki-terr (in training)

RedHatQueen

I started about 15 years ago in S. Florida...but then I got married and moved away and it's just 2 years attending AZRF...and full garb this year!
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Kathleen MacFerno

well I think my first time I was about 8, I wore garb from the very first day, spoke with and accent by my 2nd or 3rd visit, was on cast in the Arsene of paris show at 16, got baptized by the monk the next year, and blew my first fireball at 17.

oi I'm a nerd........................ oh well it's FUN!

Cobaltblu

Last year when I was 30.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Caria

I went to my first faires NJRF & NYRF which ran back to back when I was 17 and was in piece mailed garb, was hooked in that moment. I'm 33 now so 16 years with a about a 4 year break when my son was young and ill. I was glad to come back and am having a blast!
Devil with the Angel Eyes
Navigatrix of the Bayou Scoundrel's

MMario

I was 28 when I first attended...but I know kids who started in utero; the youngest I've seen at faire in garb was 4 days old. 

*sigh*  I am literally watching my 2nd generation of faire kids grow up.

Lady Christina de Pond

i didn't get to go until i was 25 but i've been itching to go since i was atleast a teen
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Cilean

I was 16 when we went to the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire.  I was a turkey for another 10 years and then after going to ASL, me and a bunch of friends began to work as Stage Interpretors for the Faires.  We did that for many more years!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Angus

I believe that I was 28 when I first attended my first fest, that was at the ORF, and in garb the first year... (although very basic garb.)

I've been to the fest once without costume, and I didn't have as much fun.  I've attended the TRF, ORF, KHRF, GRF, and several "smaller" weekend RenFests...
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

Rizban

I was 10 or 11 in the mid 90s. I've been enthralled ever since. I couldn't really start attending regularly until I was 16 though and didn't start garbing until I was 18. Strangely enough, I attended TRF almost every single year since then, usually at least two or three weekends, but no one started recognizing me until last year.