News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What age did you start faire?

Started by beeboy, May 20, 2008, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thistle

I think around 6th grade, give or take, when my parents took us all out to one while visiting relatives far away. I remember 'cause that's when I was reading "Lord of the Rings" and was trying to teach myself "elvish" out of the back of the ROTK- and so seeing the Tengwar banners in the elven glade was all sorts of exciting!  I was pretty much hooked on the spot. :)

It's only in the last couple years though that it's started to become a regular thing - great fun!

Count Adolfo

Because of all the surgery during my childhood... my memory of most of my childhood is, well, virtually nonexistent.  I can't remember if my folks ever took me to Faire back then.
I DO know that I walked into King Richard's Faire in Massachusetts in 1991 and, well, the rest is history

My son 'Falcone' (his Faire name) was taken to his first Faire at age 2 months... Northern Florida Renaissance Faire... in kilt, plaid and tam.
No, he wasn't regimental... he was diapered.

peggyelizabeth

well, I *think* I've been going to MNRF for 28 or so years, but since I don't really recall being 2, I can't say for sure. I started going in garb in high school, getting serious about it in college and well, now I'll be there every weekend.

Dallan

Funny thing is I'm not sure I can remember. My wife and I have been married 18 years this fall. We went to faire several times together not in garb. I think I may have even gone prior to meeting her. 4 years ago we went for the first time in garb; now that I remember (I was 41 then). It changed things for us. The entire family now garbs up. Besides our home faire, MDRF, we travel to several others throughout the year.
Fight'n

Lady Elizabeth

My father took me to my first MiRF when I was 6. Then my parents split and I didn't have the chance to go again until I was 14. A friend bought me garb when I was 15 and I went in garb last year. I bought some new garb for this year and plan on getting all dolled up for opening day at Hollygrove.

wyckdblyss

I went to TRF for the first time when I was 8yrs old. I began going in garb at some point in my 20's and now at 37, you can't keep away!
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

lordwriothsley

I didn't start going to Rennaisance Faires until mid 2003 when i was 19 and i'm now 25.My first year on cast I was a yeoman of the guard in the court of Elizabeth and now I am an Earl.Wow what a jump huh.And for all you so called "old" folks you know who you are in here don't go calling yourselves old all the time cause it's like the old saying goes "Your only as old as you feel"(just a few words of encouragement from the lord Lord W that is  :))
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

ladyecho

I was 18 when I went to my first faire (NCRF)
been every year since
I took my grandniece at 7 months (NCRF)
Then I took her little sister at 3 months (CRF)
they are now 3 and 2 years old and have been every year
All of us wore garb to our first faires
and every year since!

BLAKDUKE

First year attending 1983 age 41, next year in garb at 42 and I have not attended a faire without garb since then.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Will Gamwell

I was 19 my first year.  25 when I started working there.

I took my son for three years in a row after he was 1.  He has since been to the AZ Renaissance last year (not in garb), and the Wisconsin Faire this year (first time in garb for him).

Dev

Last year was the first time I went to a faire.  I was 17.  I shall continue going :)

maelstrom0370

Went to my first Faire when I was about...23??  Went off and on over the years, but started making it an annual trip, complete with camping and garb, last year.  My son's 2 and a half now and I was planning to start taking him next year.  My mother (his "Doodah") has other ideas, though.  We make a big trip out of it, so she gets him, all to herself, for the entire time we're gone for Faire and she's not looking forward to giving that up anytime soon.  She thinks we should wait until he's 7-10 yrs old.  I'm thinking more along the lines of 4 or 5!  :P

Dustin

I'm visiting my first faire next month at the age of 27. My wife and kids will be visiting their first as well. My wife is 31, my daughter is 6, and the boy is 3.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

MargaretScroggs

Well, I worked for a faire when 4 or 5 but it was only for a year and I was helping out a vendor that my mom worked for, I didn't work for another faire until I was around 13 or 14, but that's not really saying much since I'm just about to turn 18. lol. But I do plan on continuing faire fo as long as I can.

Gwenwhistle

First faire age 30--KRF in Carver.....as soon as my husband and I walked in with our jeans and sneakers; we ran straight to the booth where they rented garb; since that day, I can't even fathom the idea of going as a mundane.  NOW, at almost 40 :(, I take both of my kids so they will have many more years to enjoy the faire.  (hubbie isn't into it at all anymore, but I NEVER miss it)

Yipee, only 2 more weeks and it's time to go again!