News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You will see a few new buildings this season

Started by Obadiah Jib, August 16, 2009, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Noble Dreg on August 18, 2009, 08:35:39 AM
Quote from: William_MacKean on August 18, 2009, 08:20:16 AM
The facade will help it look Disney, just like 500 and 800.

Forum guidlines will not allow me to express my true opinion of this.

To get an idea of what Dreg is feeling, please reference any memories of Yosemite Sam's curse lines from the Looney Tunes cartoons.  Then merge that with the vocabulary of a very verbally adept sailor.

groomporter

At least there hasn't been any warnings about blasting in the gravel pit forcing people to periodically evacuate to the far end of site like last year.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Muffin

Quote from: groomporter on August 18, 2009, 09:30:01 AM
At least there hasn't been any warnings about blasting in the gravel pit forcing people to periodically evacuate to the far end of site like last year.

There's always an upside to everything!!  :D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Capt. Bacardi

Well one of the facings is painted white now, and there is some roofing up. Do not see how they will have it done on time.  :o

Ran into Jim today while I was out there and he said the main mead booth might be the only one open opening weekend.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

gusjodi

QuoteThe facade will help it look Disney, just like 500 and 800.
QuoteForum guidlines will not allow me to express my true opinion of this.
Ditto...

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on August 18, 2009, 04:39:58 PM
Well one of the facings is painted white now, and there is some roofing up. Do not see how they will have it done on time.  :o

The actual quote that the cast was told last saturday was that the new booth(s) will not be completely done.  The facade to make it look "disney" will not be completed until next season.

Captain Jack Wolfe

And with this rain, they are losing a valuable day.

Ran into Jim today while I was out there and he said the main mead booth might be the only one open opening weekend.
:o :o :o >:(
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Rafe on August 19, 2009, 07:11:34 AM

The actual quote that the cast was told last saturday was that the new booth(s) will not be completely done.  The facade to make it look "disney" will not be completed until next season.

Wow. So it'll be painted plywood all season??
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

William_MacKean

Quote from: groomporter on August 18, 2009, 09:30:01 AM

I talked to Jac about this some couple weeks ago.  There is still blasting.  Will probably follow the same rules as before.  Odd that there is no 'reminder notice.'  Maybe they will be blast-free thru fest?

groomporter

One would hope they would maybe try to do some extra blasting before so many people are around (like the out-of-towners who live on site), and work on harvesting/processing what has been blasted, but then I'm just an underemployed historian what do I know...
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Obadiah Jib

The plywood food both looked western to me.

Now down by the entrance was a nicer looking building that replaces the bakery (not bakery stage).
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.