News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by Athena, May 20, 2008, 03:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whistler Fred

Quote from: Phillip McGuinness on May 23, 2008, 11:27:52 AM
Quote from: Whistler Fred on May 23, 2008, 11:14:10 AM
At the moment I'm listening to the complete lute music of John Dowland as played by Paul O'Dette.  !

Have you heard Sting's CD of John Dowland music? That one's good too.

Not yet, but I'm definitely interested...
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Lord Virgo

XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

vickita

Donal Hinely, Blue State Boy.  *g*  Donal's been my happy place for the last year, honestly.

He plays the glass harmonica at Scarby and the Norman Medieval Faire, and later this year he's going to be at St. Louis and Ohio and Alabama and TRF and the Dickens on the Strand festival down in Galveston.  At the end of the day at Scarby, his last set of the day, he pulls out his guitar and plays music off of his Americana CDs, and I am in lurv with the music, but good.  We organized a house concert for him here in Norman earlier this month, and I can't stop listening to BSB.

"Though we search the world over for the beautiful, we find it within or we find it not." -- Emerson

vickita

Re: Needfire

Quote from: Lady Ann of Draycott on May 20, 2008, 04:01:21 PM
These guys are awesome!  We saw them perform at the San Antonio Highland Games and Celtic Music Festival.  Great show!

I love those guys.  (Of course I love 'em, they use some of my pictures on their website.  ;) )  Saw 'em at NTIF earlier this year; wish they were going to be back at Arlington, but I guess we had 'em for so many years in a row; they have to mix it up a little bit.  I'm definitely planning to make their July 4 show up in Frisco.  Yay!

"Though we search the world over for the beautiful, we find it within or we find it not." -- Emerson

Robert Phoenix

Barleyjuice-What's up yours?-A extremly cool new kilt song
www.barleyjuice.com
Albannach-Eye of the Storm
http://www.albannachmusic.com/
Finn's Fury
http://cdbaby.com/cd/finnsfury
I see Tartanic has a new CD out called Uncensored. Its for sale at CDbabay
http://cdbaby.com/cd/tartanicsongs

Athena

The Roses - The Music of the Age
Empty Hats - Greatest Hats
Shakespeare in Love - OST
Two compilation CDs that benefit RESCU that I got in TN last weekend.

*sigh* I wish I was at faire....
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

temper

Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

Sandman

I'm listening to David Rovics' "Hang a Flag in the Window"
Folk/protest songs for the world we live in.
All of his music (about 10 albums worth) is free by going to www.soundclick.com/davidrovics
He's a friend of mine, so I encourage you to check out his music.
"All of you who dare live free, combine with us upon the sea."

Mandrake Von Sets

Heh, right now, I'm listening to (& watching) Great Big Sea with the Chieftans: Lukey.
Wil

Cloverpogue

listening to my many playlists here:
http://www.playlist.com/user/6227954
I really need to go update them, due to the fact I have so many songs and some don't work anymore. :P
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Poldugarian Warrior

The usual classic rock and metal. In my cd player. I have Judas Priest, and in my cd-rom right now as I type. Molly Hatchet. You know the southern rock band with the album cover art of a usual Viking or another medieval swords man killing a dragon or some other kind of monster. Sound like Lynyrd Skynyrd, but a little heavier context and sound.

Cloverpogue

~Hard Luck Woman~
I have become addicted to this song and put it on my playlist.
Pirate Joe sang it to me the other night and I love it *swoon*
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Poldugarian Warrior

A good old KISS ballad. And another song I like of their's which many will probably want to hang me for saying this, but "I Was Made For Loving You." A sort of pseudo disco rock tune, but for KISS to do a cross over in styles like that shows some musicianship. But, the rest of KISS is what I really listen too. These are just two of the one's they usually play on the radio besides Detroit Rock City and Rock and Roll All Night. Any other tune has to be requested or done on a special radio show. I mean Kiss has many tunes, better than these.

Welsh Wench

'Layla'--unplugged version. The guitarwork and piano together are a thing of beauty.

*sigh* I mean...it's CLAPTON!

And  I really liked his boots in the video  :D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Poldugarian Warrior

The other day they were playing stuff on the radio from when Clapton was with Derek and the Dominoes and it sounds really good even though he was basically just starting out. He's always been a great guitar player. I also like the album "From The Cradle" and anythin when he was with Cream is good.