News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by Athena, May 20, 2008, 03:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

Clapton is still GOD.

If you are too young to know what that refers to, Google it.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Welsh Wench

*raises hand*
I KNOW! I KNOW!

Duane Allman did the opening guitar riff.

JIm Gordon did the piano coda. In the late 1970s, Gordon complained of hearing voices in his head.
In June 1983, he was convicted of killing his mother. During his trial, he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. In May 1984, he was sentenced to 16 years to life in prison.
He's still there.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Athena

Two discs from Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes and Sun Giant (EP)

I'm really digging this band.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Nicolette

A collection of Strawbs, "Halcyon Days."  Many songs would be great for RenActs to cover, this one I could definitely hear someone doing at Faire.  They would need to change out the 60's vernacular of "blow away my mind" to something like "unsettle my mind," but otherwise it's a wonderful tune of enchantment:

Witchwood ~ David Cousins

I dropped down in the witchwood
To see what I could find
The trees had taken time out
To blow away my mind
All that I could hear there
Was the sound of my own voice
But the music it was making
Was nothing of my choice.

The interwoven branches
Were laden deep with snow
A rainbow shone so softly
To show which way to go
I observed its many colours
Till my eyes were rimmed with frost
I tried hard to trace my footsteps
For I feared I might get lost.

The witchwood started singing
With a strange unearthly sound
My fingers grew like branches
I stood rooted to the ground
And the spell is still unbroken
I am still her bidden slave
Till a casket from the witchwood
Bears my body to the grave.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Once Debauched

I just discovered iTunes and all the Ren artists available.  Talk about feeding my geek!  The current cd in my car contains:

Barley Juice
Craig of Farrington
Siler & Clarc
The Limey Birds
Brobdingnagian Bards
3 Pints Gone
Heather Alexander
Bedlam Bards
Pirate Shantyman & Bonny Lass
Owain Phyfe
Merry Wives of Windsor
Marc Gunn
Ten Penny Traveler

and a BUNCH more I can't think of!  Yay iTunes!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Baroness Doune

Nostalgia...
For the past week the music on my Ipod has been
Richard Page's solo album Shelter Me.

AnyuBoo

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on June 12, 2008, 06:42:23 AM
A good old KISS ballad. And another song I like of their's which many will probably want to hang me for saying this, but "I Was Made For Loving You." A sort of pseudo disco rock tune, but for KISS to do a cross over in styles like that shows some musicianship. But, the rest of KISS is what I really listen too. These are just two of the one's they usually play on the radio besides Detroit Rock City and Rock and Roll All Night. Any other tune has to be requested or done on a special radio show. I mean Kiss has many tunes, better than these.

My hubby totally approves of your taste in music.   ;D  And even I like KISS to some degree...particularly "I Was Made for Loving You".

Currently, though, I've been listening to Queen.  As far as I'm concerned, there are other good and great bands, but nobody tops Queen.  :)
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Lady Christina de Pond

currently up on my ipod beach boys surfing usa
in my truck cd player Nickelback
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Poldugarian Warrior

Oh yes. Queen is a great. And not for stuff like We Will Rock You, or Bohemian Rhapsody, but Ogre Battle, Liar, Keep Yourself Alive, I Want It All. I'm In Love With My Car. The whole Queen 1 & 2 albums/cds. The list goes on. It's just too bad they don't play their other stuff. There's alot of good tunes out there that are over looked by radio because they only do what makes them money, not want the listeners want. And I'm not just talking Queen and Kiss. But many other rock bands of the 70's and 80's. Right now in my cd player I have Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell and Bob Segar's newest album face the Promise. And they have tunes they don't usually play on the radio, but are awesome. For the most part the stuff on the radio lacks substance in lyrics and musicianship.

Terry Griffith

Just discovered a new band that has me fascinated.  Apocalyptica.  They do heavy metal with CELLOS.  They have a YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnAzkh9kn0 .  One of my other favorite bands is Wolfstone which uses bagpipes to play metal influenced Celtic music.  I keep thinking how great it would be to combine the two.  What a sound that would be.  Cellos, bagpipes, whistles, electric guitars an bass, drums with heavy rock beat.

If I only had the equipment and place to practice.   I don't think getting the players would be a problem.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Nicolette

I'm finding that Iron and Wine's "The Shepherd's Dog," is playing the most in my house right now, sort of neo-psych/folk stuff.  Great for cooking with.  Out in the car at the moment, it's Country Joe and the Fish's "Electric Music For the Mind and Body."  Love that ornate psychedelic style of electric guitar.

festmum

Listening to Albanach Unleashed!!! :D

Athena

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on July 04, 2008, 09:45:31 AM
I'm finding that Iron and Wine's "The Shepherd's Dog," is playing the most in my house right now

I really like that one! Also check out Fleet Foxes, I think you'll find them interesting.  :)

I'm getting ready for faire listening to a bunch of stuff.

E Muzeki, Owain, Corvus Corax, Empty Hats, Faun, etc. Also the Shakespeare in Love soundtrack.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Nicolette

Since it's you recommending them, indeed I shall, Athena!
I'm RenVious!!!!!!  I'm with you in spirit at GLMF!