News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by Athena, May 20, 2008, 03:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrake Von Sets

Great Big Sea:  "Company of Fools"   (Note that link is for iTunes.)
Wil

Terry Griffith

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Terry Griffith

Wildabeast, that was really wierd.  Look at the times of our posts.  You beat me by 4 minutes and I hadn't seen your post about "Great Big Sea" until after I sent mine.

I don't want to think about it anymore.  I'm going to bed now......
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Poldugarian Warrior

Southern Rock is one of my favorites, country a 2nd. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, Black Oak Arkansas, ZZ Top just to name a few.

Right now, I'm listening to Ozzy's Diary of a Madman and his other solo albums.

Cloverpogue

Kiss~New York Groove~
I bought a Kiss cd the other night. It was a greatest hits and has all the songs I like on there.
~New York Groove~ is the most requested song from my daughter.  :D
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Morgan Dreadlocke

Chad Willis & the Beachstones- Windjammer, folk songs of the sea.

Pilfering PD verses for the next faire :P
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Poldugarian Warrior

Never heard of that song title from KISS, I'll have to listen to it sometime.

NoBill Lurker

Just got the new Blackmore's Night cd, "Secret Voyage".

Ahhh, Renn happiness! ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Athena

Quote from: NoBill Lurker on July 24, 2008, 07:27:12 PM
Just got the new Blackmore's Night cd, "Secret Voyage".

Ahhh, Renn happiness! ;D

I love it! I've been listening to it while getting ready for faire...makes me want to dance barefoot in the woods!   :)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Craigmeister

Everyday at work I listen to a Celtic cd.  While my Solitudes Celtic cd's are great, my favorite songs come from Enaid & Einalem.  They chill me out like nothing else.  Huzzah.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Poldugarian Warrior

I have I believe either the Solitudes company of Celtic music on cd or some other company to that same effect. And your right it's surpirsing how good it is even though not performed by well known Celtic artists. Usually I've bought my Celtic cd's from those relaxation kiosks in stores and so the brands are always different. And i swear evry time I always find a Celtic cd I like, but I have so many already I always have to make the difficult decision of to buy or not to buy. At this point I opt not to and wait for faire to take a listen to the musicians there and buy their cd's. Support your local musicians first and foremost.

Poldugarian Warrior

savage o'connor (Kevin Tyler) from MichRenFest, and E-Muzeki  Sindh.
Both great, gettin ready for fest.

Cloverpogue

~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

CelticOne

Recently its been the Dropkick Murpheys, a weird but good combo of celticish punk-rock, with the banjo, tin whistle, mandoline & bagpipes all making an appearance or two in thier music. Fave song so far Johnny I hardly knew ya.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

AnyuBoo

I've lately switched to listening to Stompin' Tom, as well as the Rankin Family and the occasional bagpipe CD.   :)
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!