News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous 2010 @ Scarborough Faire, TEXAS (April 24/25)

Started by Blue66669, July 20, 2009, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercules

Since I hi-jacked another thread (and got chewed on about it)...I'll ask here.

For the benefit of those who haven't been to one of these gatherings can a little background be given? A little detail other then calling it a 'Uber-gathering' would help those interested in attending or helping out.

Are these before during or after faire hours? Campgrounds, faire grounds or hotels? Or is all this TBD? Throw a dog a bone and I promise to not mention spankings! (oops...too late)   
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Blue66669

*laughs*

Well, if you want a little more info than what I'm about to give you, you can peruse some of our past RenDezvous gatherings.

Basically, the idea is that we ALL invade one faire every year. Normally there is a Friday night welcoming party, then everyone is at faire for Saturday and Sunday. There are different things that go on, such as meet-ups for toasts, and pictures, and certain events. There are pre-faire tailgates (in the lot), post-cannon tailgates (while we wait for traffic to die down), and evening soirees that almost always include a pool somewhere LOL. People stay wherever they wish, be it hotel or campground (or a local person's home), and we all just get together in a BIG group and go to faire. Just that simple hunny!
Blaidd Drwg

Hercules

Thanks Ms. Blue! I did scan the other threads but some are hard to decipher.

I got a pool!!!...Although around Scarby-time it's gonna be kinda nippy out the weekend it looks like it'll be held.  :-\

I can help with the tailgating though.  
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Lady Renee Buchanan

We're gonna try to come.  We sure want to and will do everything we possibly can to make it happen.

*jumping up and down*      Ohhhh!  Are we gonna march in the parade?  I LOVE to march in the RenDezvous parades!!!!!   ;D

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Athena

I'm really gonna try to make it as well, been wanting to go to Scarby for a long time!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Seamus Ex Machina

Been hearing great things about this faire for the longest....Demmit....I'm in!!
Legendary Hellraiser

Lady Rochelle

Huzzah to a Texas faire!!!  Heres hoping that we can find a great campground or a hotel that will tolerate drunken debauchery  :) I mean really nice sweet non drinking people.
Let the games begin !

squiregaby

I will of course be there :D....you can find me on the Jousting Lists or tagging along behind one of the Knights to various locations throughout the faire
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Dallan

Keeping my figures crossed we can make it.
Fight'n

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Tish and I have already started our Scarby Fund. ;)
Dallan,if you all go will you take the boys?
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Merlin

To the out-of-towners..... you MUST make this. Trust me...you will NOT be disappointed in Scarby.
As for the parade...hell to the yizzle we will march in it.

*tip*...get your tickets at Tom Thumb...they are cheaper than at the gate.

Shouldn't we actually get a group rate for this weekend?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Merlin, Here at Md. we are putting a list together on everyone whos coming here for Rendezvous that needs to buy tickets and the faire is giving us a great rate at $12.50 a ticket and they can also be used any day at faire if you don't make it that day. Hope Scarby can do something like that.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Dallan

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on July 28, 2009, 01:48:59 PM
Tish and I have already started our Scarby Fund. ;)
Dallan,if you all go will you take the boys?

Lady Joyce Ann –

It's hard to say but if we can make it I can't imagine them letting us go without them. A lot of it will depend on the weekend and I may not know until the last minute. Both boys play lacrosse in the spring and I coach Devon (the older of the two). We have a very competitive team but this spring when we missed a game to go to GARF his presence was missed. He's our best defenseman and runs our defense. My buddy who is my assistant coach doesn't mind covering for me if I need to miss a game but doesn't like not having Devon.  So it will depend on lacrosse, school and the VARF schedule among other things. Just too complicated to do more than venture a hope of yes this far out.
Fight'n

Blue66669

I will more than likely be handling ticket stuff for this. I'll post when I get more information. I'm sure we can get SOME sort of deal on tix...
Blaidd Drwg

lys1022

Not to be a wet blanket, but you might want to check with faire management before anyone starts promising that folks will be marching in the parade.  They may just say yes, but they may also say no.  It's important to remember that the average faire-goer assumes that ANYONE in the parade is an employee of the faire, so if they see someone who was in the parade drinking a beer or wearing sunglasses, that means that they assume all employees do so.

Whether management says yea or nay, though, there will be PLENTY of fun things to do! :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.