News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Amy of York back in hospital

Started by Master James, July 21, 2009, 04:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Thankyou everyone  for  the  hugs  and  prayers.  i  am  at  home.
  what a  week.  Went  to Sterling on sunday. felt  fine  all  day.   was  wraping up  the  end of  the  day,  when i literally passed out.The next thing i knew i had  pramedics  and  EMT's  hovering over  me,asking me  questions ,and  i  could  not tell them my  name, or  where i  was.  pretty scarey.
 so  they  rushed me  by ambulance to the  Oswego hospital  where i was  monitored  very  closely.
after several hours in  the ER  they decide  to admit me,  and  run  some  hearts  tests, and  they wantde  to monitor my heart rate  closely.
  So  they watched me closely on moday  and  did  heart tests  .
  ther tests all came  back okay.

in the meantime i also had my menstrual cycle come on and i  was losing alot of blood.It was like  ariver.  Monday and  tuesday i  was  soaking thru every  10  minutes.

so ob-gyn  was brought in.  they  did  a ultrasound  which  ruled out  fibroids, cysts, masses  , etc.

and the oby gyn  guy wo i was very impressed with, cause  he took the  time  to lokk over my med  records  and  talk  to me  and  get  my  complete medical history, said he  wanted me  to  come into his office next week  and have a biopsy  to rule out ovarian or  uterine  cancer, it shhoked  me  up at  first,  s

and  then beacuse of my medical history, and all  the blood i lost  the last few  days  he  thought  it  would  be in  my best favor  if  they scheduled  a hysterectomy  for  me.

so yesterday i  was kept  there while  they gave  me  meds  to stop  my bledding, plus everytime i stood up, my  heart rate  would  go up  so  they were not ready  to let  me  go  yet.

but today the  doctor  who was in charge of  the  floor i was on   felt there was no reason  to keep me  any longer, .  and i am not  going  to go into a long story, but me  and  my husband almost got in  abig argument  with him, cause he  said  he  could not  pinpoint  the  cause of me  passing  out  and t went as far  as  to suggest it was  all  nerves  or that it  was  all  in  my head.
My husband  politely  told him i  was  at faire very relaxed  with  friends, and  not  nervous  at all  when i passed  out. yea  like  i  want  to pass out  and  be  taken  by  ambulance.  and  a  couple of  nurses  who  were  there  were ready  to strangle  the  doctor  and  they  said  if  you  could have  seen  her  the  last few  days  and  the blood  she lost,  this is not in this girls  head.  and he left, and i  was  told  by  the  nurses  that  this  doctor is not  thought of  very  fondly.

so they contacted  the  ob-gyn  who had  seen me, and  who i really liked,  and  just shook hs head,  and   then saisaid he  thouht  the other doctor  was  abit out of line.  then he  said  Amy  you  don't nedd  any more stress like that.  Go home, relax  with your family,  and  get  back in to see me  for  the biopsy  and  then we  will shcedule  the  surgery,

so i have an appointment  with him on august  3.

then i was talking  to the  charge  nurse  and  she  said  they were  pulling  me  off of  some of  the meds  my family  doctor  had  me  on  cause  they  thought  they were lowering  my blood prssure  too llow  and  could have  caused  me  to pass out, that or  the  severe  anemia i had   cause  when you have  anemia  there can  sometimes  be  a lack  of  oxygen  to the  brain.

so i am at home  resting,

and  then  if  that was  not enough  i  find out  tonight  that one of  my sister's  was in the hospital the last  couple  days  also  cause  they  think she  hada precursor  to a  stroke.

so  my poor  parents  ,bwteeen  worrying  about  her  and  me, my mom  was  going  crazy with worry.

then i two older dogs  who are suffering  with poor health. one has a breathing problem, and  the other one has  tumors, and  evry  day is  a  added  miracle  but we  get a call  from  the  vet  this afternoon, and  my  one year old  puppy  who we took  for  her  yearly  checkup  last week,  has  tested high  for  Lyme disease.

so it has been  quite  the week  from hell, but  as my husband  said  maybe  we  are finally getting  some  answers  to waht is  going on  with  me.

so keep me  in your prayers, cause i am nervous  about  the  biopsy  and  pray that it  is  not  cancerous. and i will be gald  when the  surgery is  done  and  over.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

Well Amy........you are home and that is the best medicine!
Sorry to hear about the puppy and the older dogs. Lordie, like you need more to try to handle!
Let me know if you need me. You have my number!
Just get well, so you can take care of the annoying problem, I have...LMAO!!!!! ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

thanks irish, and as you can tell by my typing in that message i am pretty sleepy, so i think it time to hit the hay.  dont  get much sllep in  ahospital. looking forward to a good night sleep. :)

Tygrkat

*HUGS*

Amy, I'm glad you're home! I'll be sending lots of thoughts of strength and healing to you and your family, furry and otherwise...

:)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Rani Zemirah

Glad to hear you've got someone taking you seriously, hon!  Hope this biopsy will bring positive news!  I'm praying for you!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Amy of York

Thanks  everyone.

My husband  and I are questioning  wheter they released me  too soon from  the hospital.  I  had a mini relapse  this afternnon at home  and  almost passed out and  could not think straight, and  everything kept spinning  around  me.   If it was not  a hour  and  a half  drive  back  to the hospital i was in, i  would have had Tim take  me  back, but i  did not think i  would  make  it that far  in the  car.
  I  did not want  to call  to  my local ER  cause  neither me or my husband  have cared much  for  the treatment i have gotten there in the past. But if i have another epsiode like  today, i may have no choice.
So I  am at home  resting and  praying  that I  don't have  any more  episodes  before i see  the ob-gyn again  on August  3rd. 

lordwriothsley

Amy just know that we are all thinking about you and pulling for you through this. Please continue to keep us updated on how you are doing.

Hugs and love to you as always.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Aaroncois

Not sure how I missed this earlier, but I'll keep you in my thoughts Amy. You've got a whole "trials of Job" thing going on lately, it seems. I sure hope the pendulum starts to swing in your favor soon.

renren

I am keeping you in my thoughts, Amy!

((Hugs))

Wishing you a complete recovery!!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Celtic Lady

white trillium

Sending hugs, positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Lady Amy of York

Thanks everyone. I am on bedrest  for now, and am going stir crazy. Thank goodness for the laptop  and  tv.
The  heavy bleeding i had  has  stopped  for  now thanks  to some  meds  they put me  on.
  I am still getting dizzy, and  disorientated  when i stand up,  and my pulse rate goes up so  i am pretty much restricted  laying down . My feet and hands keep getting very puffy.  My blood sugar is  fine, but my blood prssure is lower  then normal.  I see my family doctor on Tuesday, so see what  they have  to say about all of it.

My husband has been home  with me  the last few  days (thank goodness  for  the weekend ) cause  the doctors did not want me  being left alone.  Not sure what he is going to do this week. Can't really afford  to have him miss too much work.

My liitle guy is  trying to be a brave liitle  trooper thru all of  this.  I am gald i am home  with him now, cause he really cried  the other night in the ER when they told him mommy had  to stay in the hospital.

Ugh, i hate all of  this, and  what it has  done  to my family, and  especially  to him over  the last couple of years.  He is only five, but since he was  a baby  all he has known is his mommy in and out of hospitals,  or  witnessing his mommy passing out and being rushed  by ambulance, because she barely had  a pulse  rate.It is dramatic  enough for an adult  to witness , let alone  a small child.

I pray that we are finally getting  to the bottom of  all of  this  maybe, and that this  will all be  behind  us soon,  and  that i have nothing  but good health  upahead.
 i  don't know how  this  ever happen  to me. i was  the healthy, active  child growing up.  
 oh weel,Thanks  evryone  for  the  continuous  prayers  and  support. keep  them  coming please, not just  for  me  , but  for  my family too.
hugs  and  love--Amy

Anna Iram

Amy, I've been thinking alot about you and wondering where the causes lay. In reading all your symptoms: chest pains/dizziness/fainting/ tingling and swelling of your hands and feet, and your most recent symptoms... I wonder if you might be seriously anemic? Did the doctors run tests to see what your red blood count was?

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Anna Iram on July 26, 2009, 03:07:48 PM
Amy, I've been thinking alot about you and wondering where the causes lay. In reading all your symptoms: chest pains/dizziness/fainting/ tingling and swelling of your hands and feet, and your most recent symptoms... I wonder if you might be seriously anemic? Did the doctors run tests to see what your red blood count was?

I actually asked them to run  some blood tests on me, about three weeks ago,cause i know  anemia  can cause  some of  the symptoms i have  been having, and it did  come back that i was anemic, and they have me taking some heavy  duty  iron supplements  three  times  a  day.

I too wonder if i am more anemic then what  the tests indicated  and if i need more  then just iron supplements.

I know  though, that they tested  my blood  counts  every day in the hospital, and from what i was told  there was nothing  that concerned  the  doctors.

so it continues  to be  a mystery, but hopefully  the mystery  gets  solved soon, casuse i am getting  tired of all of  this.

white trillium

You know, I like a good mystery as much as the next person, but hop you find an answer soon.

*hugs*
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven