News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

OK this is probably a stupid question

Started by Carpathian, July 21, 2009, 05:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpathian

But when you start a topic, does it count you as a visitor, or does it recognize that you are the one that started it, and the # viewed is actual people and not you going in and answering it or adding stuff to it?   ???
Just curious.  Thank you again!  You all rock!!   :D
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!  :-)

renfairephotog

I believe it counts you.  Once you hit post if you go back and read it counts as a new view.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Carpathian

Ok thanks, I thought it did, but then it looked like it didn't so not sure if I read it wrong or not when I was modifing stuff.   Thank you again!  Have a rocking day!!   ;)

Carpathian

OK I have one more question, what happens if you lock a topic?  I have a dress that is sold and I am not sure if that is what I am suppose to do so that it drops to the bottom and allows other stuff to be at the top?  Sorry to ask so many questions.

Magister

I'll take that one Carpathian.  If you read the Rules for Posting in Buy+Sell+Trade (it's a sticky) you'll notice that is says that if an item is sold, to please put a message in the thread (reply) saying that it is sold.  Otherwise you can just delete the thread.

You can find the Guidelines here: http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=1349.0

Number three references this situation.

In the worst case, when I see a thread that hasn't been active in around 90 days I delete them to keep the section clean.  That's in the guidelines as well.

- Mag

PS - remember the "order" that threads are shown in the post listings is by activity (excluding stickies).  So if people are still posting in that thread it will get moved to the top each time a new post is made. 
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade