News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

looks like it will be another wet weekend

Started by duffy, July 21, 2009, 05:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaalis

We'll definitely be going one of the days this weekend, we just haven't picked which day yet. I would like the day with the cooler weather and least chance of T-Storms and rain all day. As of now that leans me toward Sunday.  M'Lady's attire did not come cheaply and we'd hate to have it get ruined by downpours all day. (Mine is more rugged [especially this weekend's pirate gear] so I'm not as worried about the rain.) A light rain, or a rain we can wait out somewhere dry isn't so bad. However, when they are predicting rain all day long, not so much fun.
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Tygrkat

Quote from: duffy on July 22, 2009, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: Tygrkat on July 22, 2009, 03:56:51 PM
*sigh*

Alas, this will be ANOTHER weekend I don't think we'll make thanks to my (recently) sprained foot. I just can't imagine navigating those lanes on crutches  :(

we can wheel yah to the bad dog and leave yah there till closing time ;D

That's not a bad place to be ~ and we do spend a fair amount of time at the pubs  ;)

Quote from: irish on July 22, 2009, 06:06:17 PM
{puts Tygrkat in an empty Rum barrel....  ::)......"Roll out Tygrkat ........rolling in a barrel that had Rum"}   ;D

Heeheehee....do we get to drink the rum first? If so, I'm definitely for it!  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

Well, I guess if you insist, Tygrkat..........hahahaha....... :D
But I shouldn't drink & roll, so we will need a DR...{designated roller} lmao!!!  ;D
Maybe SterlingFan will do it..... ::)

Sterling in the rain.........it is always a funtime! Yuppers wait a bit and it will change. Anyways, if there is a downpour the canopy of tree will make a huge umbrella!  8)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

photomike

Rain, sun, snow or hail I will be there! My first visit was in the rain & I was hooked!
If you don't have a covering there are always the plastic ponchos at almost every booth. (remind me to camp coat my cloak)
For me any time inside the gates is special!
Hope to see you all this weekend!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Tazworth

PhotoMike - Master of the Camera Condom .... for those wet times.... ;D
Brett aka Tazworth
Founder of Family of Faire

Lord Finger

Tazworth

Looks like the forecast is improving at least a little. Saturday will be warm and humid with showers developing late afternoon or evening. Sunday looks like maybe some rain. Much better than it looked earlier in the week. Of course they called for rain here all day yesterday and it never hit till after 7pm last night.  :-\
Brett aka Tazworth
Founder of Family of Faire

Ozium

As of right now it looks like another great day at fair tomorrow, with rain starting at sunset
tomorrow evening. Of course that is a Syracuse forecast.

Arrr, See ye scalawags anon.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Lord Finger

This is from weather.com. It says Sterling, but I don't know how they collect information. It might just be the forecast from the nearest major station.

Aaroncois

The Sterling and Syracuse forecasts are definitely not the same. I've noticed wild differences between the two. Which isn't to say that the Sterling weather forecast may not be identical to Rochester or someplace else.

Lady Rebecca

So as of right now, it's looking like partly cloudy Saturday, and scattered T-storms Sunday. Unfortunately, I will of course be going on Sunday. But I'm super excited to get back up there nonetheless! This will be my last chance at Sterling, and probably my last Ren Faire for a while unless I make it up to Kansas this fall.

Who else is going this weekend?

irish

me me me........... ;D
i will be there the whole weekend!
i will have a green umbrella just in case........
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Aaroncois

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on July 27, 2009, 03:59:41 PM
So as of right now,

Hahaha! Not everybody realizes that up here the weathermen pretty much guess at any weather more than two days away, and outright lie about anything further out than that. That report will almost surely change and change and change again before the weekend rolls around.

Regardless, have fun at the faire!

irish

Weather Report (s): :o

Rochester: Sat ~ ?Thunder Storms ~ 85
                  Sun ~ Rain ~ 83

Syracuse:   Sat ~ ?Rain ~ 84
                   Sun ~ ?Rain ~ 84

Weather Channel:  Sat ~ ?Rain ? ~ 79
                               Sun ~ Dry ~ 81

I am going with the Weather Channel.....LOL!!  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~