News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Most Excellent Weekend and Faire

Started by DarkLord, July 21, 2009, 08:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkLord

'Twas most perfect weather on Saturday and Sunday, despite forecasted intermittent showers.   A number of PARF folks came up for the weekend and all had an excellent time in the Sterling Shire.  I sat down and watched a few of the shows (a rarity for me), including the Rat Catcher, the Dunking Show, the Silent Guy [Danny Long I think]  and found them to be quite entertaining.  I briefly was pulled into the Pansy Princess show by the High Sheriff to roll a few dice, but was a bit of a stiff.  Clearly I will have to work on my improvisational skills before I get close to a skit again.  Ah Well!

Despite extensive bar attendance, I missed a few of the people I was hoping to meet/see including Sterling Fan, Tygrkat, Lady Amy, and Cobaltblu.  However I did run into Irish and her brother before leaving.  And I met PhotoMike and the most gracious wandering minstrel Talon who entertained the crowd in the Bad Dog and throughout the shire.

Funniest moment:  I was exhausted and leaning motionless with my arm on a wooden railing.  Evidently I was so motionless that a mother and her son came over to confirm I was a statue.  I felt a poke on my arm and turned my head.   Boy did they jump!

Beg Forgiveness moment:  I found the Queen with her retinue of ladies near the Bad Dog and respectfully requested a picture, to which she graciously agreed.  Moments later however I was swarmed again by the nipperkins and their parents wishing a photo op.  And so, should your lovely Queen read these boards:

Your Majesty -   

For this unfortunate breach of etiquette I beg your pardon and express my sincere apology.
Humbly Yours,

Vlad

Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

Khaalis

We saw you wandering the faire a few times during the day on Sunday but I had my arms rather full with a lady on each arm, so I didn't get a chance to come say hello. Armor looked amazing though. ;)
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Tygrkat

I was saddened to not be able to make your acquaintance either, Darklord, but we were not able to make it to Faire last weekend.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, though, and I do so wish I could have seen the young lad & his mother confirming wheter or not you were a statue! Sounds hysterical!  :D

Mayhaps we shall join you for a pint another time  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

DarkLord

Khaalis and Tygrkat -- Hope to meet you both the next time.  Save time for that pint! ;D

irish

ok that's 4 pints on your next visit? hmmmmmmmm........may need a cart to get you around faire....lol!!!!  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Rebecca

So somehow I didn't make the connection between your avatar and your garb, but I definitely spotted you there last weekend!

DarkLord

Hmmmm.  Methinks I feel another pint to drink!

The Bunny People

Dark Lord,  It was extremely enjoyable spending time with you in the Bad Dog.  Hope to see you next season.
Maxwell of The Bunny People

DarkLord

And 'twas most excellent talking to you too Maxwell.  I suspect I may run into you again this year at PARF!  If not, I hope to make it back to Sterling at least once next year.