News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Puke & Snot Book!

Started by CallMeLady, July 22, 2009, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMeLady

I am a huge fan of Puke & Snot and recently learned that Mark Sieve (Puke) has just published his memoir ("CALL ME PUKE: A LIFE ON THE DIRT CIRCUIT). I ordered mine on line and loved it! Funny, sad, great behind the scenes stories and some scripts from the most popular PUKE & SNOT routines. Since he has been my favorite a part of the Minnesota festival for so many years, I wanted to let others know about it, too. Will miss Joe (Snot) so much. :( Sad

The website is www.CallMePukeBook.com

Here is the press release I found on a google search.
New Memoir By Mark Sieve, Co-Creator of Nation's Longest-Running Comedy Recounts Life on the "Dirt Circuit"

Tights, humidity, death threats and eating nearly one ton of carrots
– all to entertain over half a million people in the dirt each year.

(Rockville, MD) June 16, 2009 – What happens when a Minnesota farm boy with an arm of gold becomes a star athlete in college and is offered a contract to play professional baseball? Fate intervenes, the farm boy walks away from the sport, and a chance meeting in a pub sets him on a new, often hilarious, three-decade long comedy career in the off-beat and fascinating Renaissance Faire circuit. But along with hilarity comes heartache. After more than 30 years as comedy partners, the sudden death of his sidekick forces him to make the biggest decision of his career...should the show really go on?

Mark Sieve, star and co-creator of the longest-running two man comedy duo in the country, "Puke & Snot", this week releases his long awaited memoir, Call Me Puke: A Life on the Dirt Circuit (236 pp., ISBN # - 978-1-935097-62-4, Two Harbors Press, $14.95,  www.CallMePukeBook.com).

Sieve's life story is as fascinating as his performances are side-splitting. Each summer, the "Puke & Snot" show is seen in venues attended by over half a million people. In the early days, now-superstar magician-comedians Penn & Teller slept on Mark's couches at his home in Minnesota as Puke & Snot and Penn & Teller developed their respective acts and dreamed of fame (or, at the very least, their next meal). Little did a hungry Mark Sieve know back then that part of his future would include consuming over 66 pounds of carrots on stage each year (that's nearly one ton to date) – much to the delight of audiences young and old and carrot farmers everywhere.

A headline show at festivals coast to coast since 1974, the renaissance vaudeville team of Puke & Snot has produced four comedy CDs and a DVD, and still performs live at three major festivals from June through October. A movie script based on the "Puke & Snot" act is currently in active development.

To place orders for the book or to view a clip of the original Puke & Snot duo on stage, visit www.CallMePukeBook.com.
To arrange a book signing or interview, contact Maureen Smith at Maureen.Smith@RegalWorks.com  or 301.233.1234.

About Mark Sieve:
Sieve began his acting career in Twin Cities Theater at well-known venues like The Children's Theater Company, Theater In The Round, Mixed Blood Theater, The Cricket Theater, and Park Square in St. Paul. He has appeared in over fifty productions throughout the state of Minnesota, and was the founder of the Town & Country Players, a community theater in Central Minnesota.

A former high school teacher in Minnesota, his full time acting and directing career started in 1981, and within a couple of years he was appearing at festivals in cities around the world.  Sieve continues to perform as Puke & Snot, with his new partner John Gamoke, who filled the spot vacated by Sieve's long-time comedy partner, Joe Kudla. Sieve and Gamoke will be working a full season of festival performances in the coming months.

Beyond the Puke & Snot Show, Sieve was recently seen in the Mixed Blood production of Pure Confidence, a play by Carlyle Brown and directed by Obie Award-winning director Marion McClinton which received rave reviews from Twin Cities media and moved in late May to New York City for a six week run. He is also the owner of an event production company, CIC Productions, with offices in the Twin Cities.  He lives with his wife Janis, their dog and cat in south Minneapolis. He has two adult sons, Pat and Peter. This is his first book.