News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

beading

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, June 17, 2009, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

Ok so in visiting a crafts fair this weekend i saw several peyote stiched items and i got thinking on how i need to try to enter our next local fest well in doing so i decided to learn to peyote stitch and in doing so I'm doing pretty good i've created a ring and working on a bracelet  any one use this stitch and have any suggestions for it
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

LadyShadow

I havent done this stitch.  But it does look great.  I would love to see pics of some of your work.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Lady Christina de Pond

well when i locate the ring i will take a picture of it. i will also show the braclet as soon as i'm done with it
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Hoowil

Make sure your beads are all the same size, work in good light, wax your thread, start new threads & knot ends of finished threads on the inside of youe peice, check if black or white floss will look better, don't be afraid to experiment, and most of all have fun!

I must say, I'm tempted to put beading back on my seemingly endless list of projects.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Lady Christina de Pond

thanks for the advice Howii
i'm flustered at the camera the pic are horrible for my braclets they either look really far away or they look fuzzy i may borrow Mom's Camera
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Hoowil

Are you doing a bracelet with a clasp, or just a solid loop? The turn on the endd to do a clasp can get a little confusing, but a loop will be much harder to fit (big enough to clear the hand, but not too big) unless you want to work with elastic floss. I've never used the elastic stuff, but I've seen projects done with it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Lady Christina de Pond

now one i've done so far is a continues loop it takes a little convincing on the braclet's part but it goes on. i'm not big on the elastic stuff but i may consider it next loop i do. I did the other with a bead and loop for securing it. I've considered using the wire i use to make neclaces on the braclets I'm just not sure how easy it is gonna be to work with for peyote stiching
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Hoowil

You'd need some larger beads, or extremely fine wire to peyote stitch with wire. Its so much heavier and stiffer than the floss that you might have difficulties getting it to thread through, especially as its a constant back and forth bend. I have seen large peices done with wire along the outer edges to give it a little more strength.

Lady Christina de Pond

thanks for the advice hoowil

this weekend i worked with some seed beads that were a little bit larger and in finishing up yesterday i stumbled onto how to make it wavey. i need to take pictures of all my projects
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

alright as promised peyote stitched stuff

my first braclet i stitched

this is the third one i created this one has square beads and reminds me of fish scales

this is number 4 and done with elastic string turned out cute but a pain in my tail to stitch

two has to have minor surgery before i post it here
Lady Ashley of De Coals

LadyShadow

They all look good.  But I really like the last one you posted.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Lady Christina de Pond

thanks lady shadow i stumbled on the design finishing up bracelet number 3
Lady Ashley of De Coals