News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weddings at Faire

Started by Tygrkat, May 20, 2008, 05:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddlin

Dear Lady -

As you know (having been in attendance), our wedding turned into an absolute circus, but we wouldn't have had it any other way. It is so amazing to join together, surrounded by so many people who love you and share your interests. Lairde Guard'n and I feel honored to have been asked, and we are very much looking forward to sharing such a special time with you.

Peddlin
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Scotsman

Quote from: Peddlin on June 12, 2008, 08:29:09 AM
Dear Lady -

As you know (having been in attendance), our wedding turned into an absolute circus, but we wouldn't have had it any other way. It is so amazing to join together, surrounded by so many people who love you and share your interests. Lairde Guard'n and I feel honored to have been asked, and we are very much looking forward to sharing such a special time with you.
Peddlin

You and Guardn' got married? At faire? When did this happen and why was I not invited?

What ... I was there? In the wedding party? ... CRAP! Another drunkin' Scot moment!

Carry on! Forget everything I said before ...
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Peddlin on June 12, 2008, 08:29:09 AM
Dear Lady -

Peddlin

My dear lady - yes, I was at your wedding and it was beautiful and wonderful (even with all the rain and mud). As for our wedding, the two of you will be honored guests and I wouldn't have it any other way! Guard'n is the father of our East Coast clan and as his wife you are our honored and treasured mother. I can't imagine NOT having you both there!

And you too Scotsman!  :)

Lady Jai

Quote from: Scotsman on June 09, 2008, 06:13:07 AM
Quote from: Lady de la Warr on June 07, 2008, 04:26:32 PM
And.......we are having it at faire because.............well.........it's FAIRE!!!

... and I was invited!  ;D

I still can't believe Lady Guinness and I made the list - we are so excited!

We made the list also.  We can't wait.   I guess it is because we are the parent's of Queen Anne's Princess Sydney.  :)
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Jai on June 13, 2008, 11:02:23 PM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 09, 2008, 06:13:07 AM
And.......we are having it at faire because.............well.........it's FAIRE!!!

... and I was invited!  ;D

I still can't believe Lady Guinness and I made the list - we are so excited!

We made the list also.  We can't wait.   I guess it is because we are the parent's of Queen Anne's Princess Sydney.  :)

That might have a LITTLE to do with it - but it's also because you are both such dear friends!  :)

Tygrkat

... We truly regret we can't accommodate everyone - but like I said - the pub is the destination after all the "official" family stuff so anyone and everyone who wishes to do so is quite welcome to join us in the festivities!!

To the pub!!  :)

Milady Tygrkat33 - HUZZAH to YOU!! I wish you the very best, most joyous marriage as well! I wish you much luck in your search for an officiant. And very much luck with the Grandmother situation. I guess some folks just don't understand that we aren't made of money! I'm sure it will all work out for you just fine.   :)

Lady De La Warr, many thanks to Thee! It sounds like your wedding will most definitely be a celebration to be remembered, and I have no doubt you and your guests will make it so  :)

Concerning the "Grandmother situation" :P ... luckily for us, his Mom is on our side, and neither she, my Fiance, or myself have any problem holding firm, he and I especially when it comes to Our Wedding  ;)

We are definitely extending the invitation to ALL who wish to join us at the Tavern after the ceremony and reception to do so, and hope to lift a tankard with any well-wishers who care to make a toast!  ;D

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Tygrkat

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My gown got here Friday, and it's PERFECT!!!!!

I'll post pictures soon - I love it - it fits perfectly, it's exactly how I imagined it, and I couldn't be happier!

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on June 26, 2008, 05:52:58 PM

I'll post pictures soon - I love it - it fits perfectly, it's exactly how I imagined it, and I couldn't be happier!

Oh that is SOOO wonderful!! I can't wait to see it!!

And I'm glad to hear your beloved's mother is backing you up. That always helps immensely. And you're right - it is YOUR wedding after all!!  :)

Tygrkat

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on June 26, 2008, 05:52:58 PM

Well, here it is....

I'll definitely be pinning the hanging sleeves, but I'm glad I can take them off if I want to, and there is enough length to the skirts that if I decide I want a bumroll {which would give a more H/A silhouette} or I can just tuck them up under the bodice...either way it fits perfectly and I LOVE IT!

Peddlin

It's beautiful! Congratulations.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Trillium

Beautiful!!!  I love those colors!!
Got faerie dust?

Tygrkat

Thanks!  ;D   I couldn't be happier with it!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Tygrkat33- Your gown is just beautiful! The colors are sooo pretty, CONGRATS on your wedding. You will most definately be a beautiful bride.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Tygrkat

Many thanks Lady Joyce Ann! I am thrilled with how the gown came out { It was made for me by someone who lives in another state}, and couldn't be more excited about marrying the man I love in the most perfect place I could imagine!  ;D

biggerstaff

well, let's see.

My beloved and I were married on the bizarre stage by the smashed lemonade man at the 2006 Tennesse Renfest during the first ette invasion. Queen Elizabeth graced us with her appearance, the royal court provided glitter, the fairies used glamor and the peasants, why, they were just plain bawdy.

Translation: The fair entertainment director let me have the Bazaar stage for the ceremony (I was a cast member).  Brother Martin, an ordained minister, runs the lemonade (smash) stand. I was lucky enough the have the cast of the fair as my wedding party. And a whooolllllle bunch of people I had never met in the flesh showed up to celebrate with us.

it was marvelous.