News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weddings at Faire

Started by Tygrkat, May 20, 2008, 05:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

Biggerstaff, your wedding sounds like it was positively delightful in every way!  Congrats!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Tygrkat

TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!

Two weeks from yesterday I will be Mrs. instead of Ms.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can't believe the wedding is going to be so soon! I swear I'm only freaking out a little bit  ;)

Celtic Lady

Congrats, Tygrkat. I can only imagine how you feel right now.

Tygrkat

Thanks, Celtic Lady! I am positively beside myself with excitement, we both are ;D ;D ;D

It's pretty hectic right now, but we really couldn't be happier!!

Am I remembering correctly that you're getting married next year?  ???

Celtic Lady

Yes, I am. We're getting married at MiRF next Sept. The reception will be at the Feast of Fantasy and then the following day there will be another reception for the family and friends that we were unable to invite. I have a fairly large family and can only afford 40 tickets for guests to the wedding/feast.
I have my dress ordered but it won't be started until the winter as the lady who is making it makes alot of garb to sell at various ren faires. I can't wait to see it.

Tygrkat

How exciting, Celtic Lady! Congrats!!!!

I have to confess, I grew up in Michigan and lived there until 1995, but didn't go to a Renaissance Festival until I moved to Florida in 2003   :o

We're keeping our wedding under 50 people too, for the same reason. I bet you're anxious to try on your gown, but i't good that you're getting an early start on it - that way you'll be certain to have it in time  ;D

be sure to post pictures when you can!

Celtic Lady

I spent my whole life in Michigan until Jan. 2007 when I moved to Iowa.
The most that we can invite to the wedding is 40 (including us). I'm starting to get excited but since most things have to wait for a few months I can't rush it.
I will post photos of "wedding stuff" so that I can get opinions/ideas from people.

verymerryseamstress

Hi there!  I just posted this link:  http://midnightgarden.com/wedding/board/index.php  on another thread, but I think you'd all enjoy spending some time over at this newsgroup.  It's for people who are planning Renaissance/Medieval weddings and the members are all very friendly and helpful.
I'm your very merry seamstress.  How may I help you?

Tygrkat

Thanks, verymerryseamsrtess! I wish I would have found that link a year ago ;D

We're down to only 4 days {counting today} to go, so you can bet I've got a SEVERE case of 'wedding-on-the-brain'  :P

Celtic Lady, what part of Michigan are you from ? I grew up in Kalamazoo and still have tons of family in the area.

Celtic Lady

I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit.... Redford to be exact. My parents are still there and so is my son (part time that is). My sister and her hubby live in Southfield and the rest of my family (aunts, uncles, and cousins) live in various suburbs of Detroit as well. My grandma lives up near Lapeer.

Since you have family in the K-zoo area you should know that there are a couple of festival around there (sorta kinda.... lol)

Tygrkat

Celtic Lady, I knew of only one Renaissance Festival { although I never had opportunity to attend  :(}in MI while I was there {until 1995} but it seems a few more have sprung up - I'll have to make a trip back for a visit  ;D

...Our wedding was PERFECT - we had just enough rain in the morning to have RAINBOWS guiding the way to Sterling nearly the entire trip, and then the rain stopped and the day was as lovely as one could possibly wish for! The ceremony was short but beautiful, and still makes me tear up to think of it. All of our guests had a fantastic time - those who had never been to Faire before were amazed at how much fun they were having  ;) and I was very happy to meet up with a few friends from R/F as well!

Celtic Lady

O how wonderful! Many congrats to you both. You'll have to share the photos (I'm sure you have a bunch.).

Lady de la Warr

Tygrkat33 - first of all I didn't mean to abandon your thread - as you know I was very busy with my own wedding plans so I wasn't on the boards very much for a while.

First of all - your gown is absolutely beautiful!! I'll bet you feel like a queen in it! I'm sure your beloved was mesmerized when he saw you! I am so glad your wedding was perfect! That's the way it should be.

Our wedding was on Sept 20 and it was perfect too! Much like your "non-rennie" guests - my guests who had never been at faire had a wonderful time and I think some of them have even been bitten by the faire bug!

Anyway - congratulations to you and your beloved on your new marriage! I'm very glad it all went well and you are married and happy (and if you're anything like me you're glad it is all over with - lol!)

Also - Celtic Lady - I congratulate you as well and wish you well and the best of everything. You will have a blast with your wedding - even though it's crazy and somewhat stressful - a faire wedding is THE BEST!!

Celtic Lady

Thank you Lady de la Warr. Congrats to you on your wedding. Congrats to you as well, Tygrkat33. I hope both of your weddings were wonderful. You'll have to share photos of them.

As for our wedding, it is very exciting for us. It's also a little more complex (the planning that is) as  we live in Iowa but my family is in Michigan. We are having the wedding back home in Michigan. We don't get back there much so planning is interesting. We were there at the beginning of the month and believe it or not we have most everything arranged. We found our hall, ordered the cakes, met with the minister, found a DJ company, and met with my friend who is doing my flowers (she's a florist). The minister recommended a photographer and we saw samples of his work. When we go back at Christmas time we are meeting with the photographer and will need to talk with the coordinator at the faire. My dress is ordered and so is my headpiece. The invites just need to be printed (we have the do it yourself ones.). So far I believe it's all under control.... I hope.... lol.

Lady de la Warr

Thank you! My wedding WAS wonderful. Links to pictures can be found in the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire forum. I'll try to find a link and edit this post with it.

It sounds like you have everything well at hand Celtic Lady. We had our wedding and reception at faire so everything but the minister and the photographer was included in our package (cake, entertainment, flowers, etc.)

As far as invitations - I cheaped out and emailed them. I created a really pretty MS Word document with script lettering and just the right wording then copy/pasted that into an email and sent it.

However, I am looking for paper Thank You notes to send out. I figure that's the least I can do since nearly all my guests were VERY generous. So now I'm on a search and find mission for just the right ones - lol!

Edit: Here's the link to the thread in the PARF forum where there are some links to our wedding pics:

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=3660.0