News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weddings at Faire

Started by Tygrkat, May 20, 2008, 05:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySeasan

This is my dilemna...

My two favorit things in the world are Disney and Renaissance faires.

Im not sure where I want our ceremony to be!!! Boo hoo :( and we are not "wealthy" enough to do both)

With the RF ceremony, it wont be alot of people-my the man and I are both the blacksheeps of our families, and it will be mainly or very close friends, who (thank goodness) have no problem dressing in garb

But, we both LOVE disney sooo much, and we decided if we did a ceremony there, it would be just us, so that we can have our ceremony and enjoy disney.

So it's like, friends or disney? I am so confused lol

Has anyone gotten married at the MDRF
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Lady de la Warr

We would have gotten married at MDRF - but they don't have reception facilities. They will do the ceremony but if you want a reception you are on your own.

We wanted a reception - some food and drink, some cake and having our friends and families have the chance to visit with each other and get to know one another (and as far as family - between the two of us we only had 7 or 8 family members there - and the only family I had there was my mother.) That's why we got married at PARF instead - they provide a wedding package where you get the ceremony and a reception (food, cake) for one price - all we had to pay extra was for the officiant and the photography. Even the flowers were included (up to a certain dollar amount).

So it depends on what you want. If you just want a ceremony I think MDRF might be what you are looking for. If you want some sort of reception I would look elsewhere.

Tygrkat

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on September 29, 2008, 08:30:37 AM
Thank you! My wedding WAS wonderful. Links to pictures can be found in the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire forum. I'll try to find a link and edit this post with it.

It sounds like you have everything well at hand Celtic Lady. We had our wedding and reception at faire so everything but the minister and the photographer was included in our package (cake, entertainment, flowers, etc.)

As far as invitations - I cheaped out and emailed them. I created a really pretty MS Word document with script lettering and just the right wording then copy/pasted that into an email and sent it.

However, I am looking for paper Thank You notes to send out. I figure that's the least I can do since nearly all my guests were VERY generous. So now I'm on a search and find mission for just the right ones - lol!

Edit: Here's the link to the thread in the PARF forum where there are some links to our wedding pics:

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=3660.0

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/suckitjebus/

Here is a link to some pictures (FINALLY) from my wedding at Sterling...pm me if it asks for a password  ;)

Lady De La Warr, I have yet to send out my Thank You notes, but I did find them finally, at Target in the clearance section near the candles and invitations...and now that 'wedding season' is winding down you can probably find some great deals...

I am glad to hear that your wedding went beautifully as well, and as you can tell by how long it took me to post here again, I was all 'wedding-ed out' for a while...although I did see a wedding party downtown last weekend and had some serious bride-envy...it was soooooooo much fun!!!!

Celtic Lady, it must be a relief to have so much taken care of ahead of time. Now you can just relax (as much as possible, anyway  :P) and enjoy being the gorgeous bride I'm sure you'll be. If there is any way we can be of help, don't hesitate to ask!

Lady Seasan, have you considered having a your ceremony at one of those locations and (if your budget allows) honeymooning at the other? 
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady de la Warr

That's a good idea - ceremony at one and honeymoon at the other! If budget allows of course!

I finally found Thank You notes - had to order them online but they are nice and simple and exactly what I wanted. Now I just have to find the time to write them out and send them.

Yes, your link is asking for a password.

Tygrkat

Lady De La Warr, I'll pm you with the password, and I'll post the pictures elsewhere this evening soon for everyone to see  ;D

Lady de la Warr

Just finished checking them out.

They are lovely pictures! You look stunning and VERY happy! And I think it's really cool you got a shot of that rainbow on the way to your wedding. I think mayhap a sign that you were smiled upon from on high Milady!

Congratulations my dear!  :)

lys1022

I haven't been around much lately due to RL and prepping for Screams (the Halloween Park that takes place on Scarborough's faire site during October), but I'm very glad that the wedding went well! 

It's amusing to me that there's one common thing that everyone I know who has had a faire wedding tends to say.  "The guests who don't normally go to ren faires were so amazed and had the best time!"  It happened at our wedding too.  We were told by several of our non-faire wedding guests that they never expected it to be so much fun, and that it was by far the best wedding they'd ever been to. *grin*

Congratulations, MRS Tygrkat33!!!!  :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Tygrkat

Thank Thee, Lys1022!!!  ;D

...and that certainly is amusing...why are people surprised when they have fun at Faire? Did they think we were kidding!?!?  :D ;D

Tygrkat

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 14, 2008, 07:47:02 AM
Just finished checking them out.

They are lovely pictures! You look stunning and VERY happy! And I think it's really cool you got a shot of that rainbow on the way to your wedding. I think mayhap a sign that you were smiled upon from on high Milady!

Congratulations my dear!  :)

...and Thank Thee as well, Lady de la Warr! I can scarcely recall being happier, if I ever was!

That rainbow was very special, and it followed us nearly all the way to Sterling, until we were about 5 minuets away - then the rain stopped and the weather was gorgeous the rest of the day...as for being smiled upon from on high, my Mom passed away in 2005, and we all knew who the smile was from... :)

Lady de la Warr

I never could figure that out either (why people are surprised when they have fun at faire!)

Now that you told us about your Mom, there's no doubt that rainbow was a very special thing indeed!! I think you are right - that is exactly where that rainbow came from!!  :)

Tygrkat

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on October 14, 2008, 07:29:51 AM
Lady De La Warr, I'll pm you with the password, and I'll post the pictures elsewhere this evening soon for everyone to see  ;D

This link shouldn't ask for a password:

http://www.photomax.com/web/mem_album_photo.php?valbumpage=&lsort=1

Again, if it does, pm me and I will send it to you individually - Enjoy!  ;D

*ETA*  That link just takes you to a photo-sharing site's homepage - if you'd like, pm me and I'll give you the username and password to view the wedding album   :-\

Lady de la Warr

Tygrkat33 - I'm going to try to help you figure out what the problem is on that link.

Everyone - hopefully she will have a link that works for you shortly  ;)

Tygrkat

Lady de la Warr