News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bristol Friends of Faire

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, May 09, 2009, 07:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Because of the friendliness of Unilady who welcomed us to the Friends of Faire garden at Bristol last year and gave us a tour, I'm excited that Steve and I - for the first time in 13 seasons of attending Bristol - are joining Friends of Faire this year.

Any other RF members that are members?  If so, we'll be sure to look for you at the garden.  See you at Bristol in 64 days (it opens in 63 days, but we can't go till the Sunday) ! ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Margrett

I'm a member, but I'm not in the garden much because I am also in one of the historical guildes at Bristol (Guilde of St. Lawrence, a/k/a the Ducklings). However, I keep hoping each year to spend more time in the garden.

Kerri

Dayna

You can be in the garden on the days you don't work at the Duck  :-*

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Goody

Dayna will FoF be offering a weekend pass to outta towners like Fest Friends did?

Lady Renee Buchanan

Goody, Dana will have to verify, but I think you can buy a pass for $5 a day.

Renmail me to let me know if you are coming to visit us and the dates.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dayna

YES!!!!!

You may be a guest of a FOF member for $5, which I believe is for the weekend.  Now.... since you all are friends of mine, and I'm employed to work in the garden as well as being a FOF, you just have to let me know when you're coming and either I or one of my co-henches will set you up.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Brother Robert of Essex

Huzzah! Friends of Fair!

I'm in Friends of Fair's New York chapter...Actually I just found the Bristol Fair and it looks great. This RenQuest thing looks really intriguing too.   I'd love to meet some FoF folk at Bristol when I come out !

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Brother Robert of Essex on July 30, 2009, 09:13:52 AM
Huzzah! Friends of Fair!

I'm in Friends of Fair's New York chapter...Actually I just found the Bristol Fair and it looks great. This RenQuest thing looks really intriguing too.   I'd love to meet some FoF folk at Bristol when I come out !

When are you visiting?  This year, the Forum Meet & Greet takes place both days at 3 p.m. at the Pig & Whistle Tavern.  You have to kind of wander around and see if anyone's wearing an RF pin.

At the FoF garden, people wander in and out all day song, so if you buy the weekend membership for $5 (and that's entrance for both days, not $5 per day), then you can visit with whomever is in the garden at the time you enter.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dayna

Brother Robert,

As a member of Friends of Faire NY, you have reciprocity with the other Friends of Faires.  That means show your membership card or medallion and we'll waive the $5 fee.  We Would LOVE to have you visit us, we had Southern California people here last weekend, and it was Great to exchange ideas and find out how other faires are set up.

Dayna Thomas
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess... yeah, right
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Lady Renee Buchanan

Unilady, does that mean if we visit other faires that have a FoF garden, are we allowed in as guests?  And is that every faire, certain faires, or if the particular faire decides to let you in?  I didn't know about this and since we try to go to faires in other states on occasion, it is interesting to learn about this.  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dayna

It's only the other faires owned by REC.  Roadtrip to California or New York???

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench