News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Colorado Medieval Festival

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, May 20, 2008, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The Colorado Medieval Festival runs June 6 - 8 of 2008 this year. While a small faire, it is trying to grow and make a living history Castle in Northern Colorado. The link is http://www.coloradocastle.com/coloradocastle/
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Craigmeister

How was the fest this year at the new site?  I had intended to make the trip from OK but my schedule wouldn't allow it.  Were there any good Celtic groups there?  I try to seek out good hammered dulcimer players around the middle of the country.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

It is today through Sunday (June 6 - 8th)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Craigmeister

Now I have my weeks straight in my head.  How was the festival?  Do you have any pix?  I really wanted to go to this fest.  I'm a flatlander & had some probs w/ the altitude last year when I was driving up to Larkspur.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

We didn't go :(

We had other things going on, and just didn't feel like going. The CoRF on the other hand, we went opening weekend and plan on going more.
"The Metal Maiden"

Rosamundi

Hullo all! I'm bumping this thread to ask if anyone can share a review of the Colorado Medieval Festival?  I've recently relocated from Florida -- missing BARF already <sniffle> --but I look forward to meeting new Colorado highlanders!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Craigmeister

I'm sure you'll get some reviews of this festival.  I haven't been either but I can highly recommend the CO Renaissance Festival this summer.  The scenery is fantastic!  There is great music, a huge waterwheel, a glass blower & lots of highly entertaining stage acts.

If I could handle the altitude like I could when I was a kid, I would travel from Oklahoma every other year to attend.  I hope that you get to take advantage of these 2 events.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well Med Fest looks to run during Renn Faire this year. I think this will really hurt med fest as why settle for something that isn't as good as CoRF

I have only been once and I will admit, it was very lacking. Med Fest is as if not more expensive than CoRF. Gate admissions as well as food and drink. If you are a LARP'r (SCA, IFGS, AMPGAURD, DARKON, Etc...) you may like Med Fest. If med fest is going to make it, they need to change how it is run. But to be honest? I'd save your money and visit CoRF as often as you can. I say each year I will go back and visit Med Fest and each year I hear from people who did go how it wasn't worthit and nothing was missed. Which is sad as I would love to see it make it.

And if you want a little nicer faire that runs latter in the summer check out the Ravenshire Faire in Palisades, CO. it is a single weekend faire but I hear very good things about it.
"The Metal Maiden"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

OH and I almost forgot The Estes Park Scotish Highland games in September are very fun with the International Jousting Tourney going on. This is full on live full speed jousting and knights DO get hurt on occasion. But beprepared for Every weather type imaginanable as this past year it was raining and very cold.
"The Metal Maiden"

Rosamundi

Wonderful, thank you for responding! Multiple CoRF visits are definitely on my summer agenda as well!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Rubiee

This year the faire is over Father's Day Weekend, sadly the same weekend that CRF runs.
~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Mistress of the Keys, Keeper of Pandora's Box, Vocalist and Glitter Bomber Extraordinaire.

Norfolk

Let us see.  The Baroness and I can drive one and a half hours to a miniature, one-weekend Faire in Greeley, or drive ten minutes to CORF.  Decisions, decisions!   ;)
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well lets see Toki and I can drive 1.5 hours to one of the best faire if NOT the best faire around or we can drive less tan 30 to a tiny little faire filled with LARPers that costs as much to get in, has less than 10% of the vendors, less than 1% of the people we know, and the food costs more.

Hum not so tough choice.

They picked a BAD weekend to have that little faire as most would be smart to go to CoRF. Even if it didn't run during CoRF I miss this one as everyone who goes tells me I didn't miss anything.
"The Metal Maiden"

Rubiee

In case people are still interested, Iris and Rose and Pandora Celtica have both been announced as entertainment for the faire.
~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Mistress of the Keys, Keeper of Pandora's Box, Vocalist and Glitter Bomber Extraordinaire.

Jess Devyne

What Rubiee just said!  Iris and Rose are performing at CMF - they are not performing at CoRF this year.  The new(er) PC is playing there, a few of the originals have left the band - but will be in attendance there if possible.

I understand the issues of it being a smaller faire, however, they are still in a stage of infancy and are working dilgently to become a great faire - similar to Grand Junction faire.  We know many of the people who will be there running the food booths, games and entertainment.  We have attended in the past, and will attend this year.  It being in the midst of CoRF can be an issue for many, but for those of us who will not be attending CoRF every weekend, this is a decent plant to garb it up and go play. 

Anyone who does decide to go, let's plan a gathering and share a beverage!