News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Colorado Medieval Festival

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, May 20, 2008, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosamundi

I'm up for a meeting and a frosty adult beverage! I don't know the layout, but if anyone can suggest a rendezvous point I'll be there on Saturday at 12 noon.

With a respectful nod to CORF (cha! can't wait!) I figure little faires need patrons to grow into big faires. Plus, I want to road-test my new veil and barbette . . .
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Rubiee

I'm not sure of a meet up point but I'd say come by one of Pandora Celtica's performances, I'd love to meet you!!!!
~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Mistress of the Keys, Keeper of Pandora's Box, Vocalist and Glitter Bomber Extraordinaire.

Tanda

We're planning to be there Saturday to watch Pandora Celtica. Actually....that's the only reason we are going.  :D The boy wants some CDs.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Rubiee

Quote from: Tanda on June 14, 2010, 07:47:09 AM
We're planning to be there Saturday to watch Pandora Celtica. Actually....that's the only reason we are going.  :D The boy wants some CDs.

Yay! We look forward to seeing you! :)
~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Mistress of the Keys, Keeper of Pandora's Box, Vocalist and Glitter Bomber Extraordinaire.

Jess Devyne

I have double booked (possibly triple booked) myself for Saturday, but we have offered to help out at CMF so we will be there for sure. 

I am looking forward to seeing PC on stage again. 

Professor M

CMF sounds like a wonderful little faire to me.  While I don't normally travel that far west, I do hope to have the opportunity to visit.  I understand some people like the extra-large faires with the oodles of vendors, but my heart belongs to the smaller faires that tend to have better casts with more interactions to draw you into the atmosphere.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Hey- Arent You?

Although we will be firmly in place at CRF, I want to wish the best of luck to CMF, and everyone there! Break a leg!!!!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Rosamundi

Sounds like we're gathering 'round Pandora Celtica's performances on Saturday, so I'll be sure to do the same.  I'll watch for you, and I'll be in a light blue tunic with dark blue trim. Break a leg Rubiee!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Rubiee

<3  !!!!

Thanks Rosa! I'm so excited that I can hardly sit still!
~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Rosamundi

My little one and I really enjoyed CMF yesterday.  As others advised, the faire is tiny compared to CORF. But it was perfect for a half-day toddler-in-tow outing. Of special note:

Pandora Celtica - all of you were AMAZING and I can't wait to hear more of your music!

Faeries in the Glade - these ladies are new this year and are doing an absolutely outstanding job of entertaining the little ones with balls, hoops, drums, sparkly toys, pixie dust, and interactive gentle play.

Order of Epona - This affable group brought their horses into the lanes to mingle and be patted. This added a great element for kids and adults.

Round II Costumes - a very pleasant and talented proprieter offering terrific medieval hoods and well-made garb. Unique items here!

Fireflicker - my munchkin was enchanted by this magical creature performing in the lanes. Fireflicker's studied movements are very "creaturely" and a joy to watch.

I think this faire suffers from some setup challenges - the shady spots were not maximized like they could be, and there was a notable dearth of food variety. The website also is not strong. But we'd go back next year for the kid-friendly size and atmosphere.  Next weekend - back to CORF!

Jess Devyne

The organizers of CMF did an amazing job!  Iris and Rose were faboooo!  Pandora Celtica rocked it awesome!  The Mr E Brothers were ..well...adorable and quite entertaining! 

The beer was nice and cold.  Food - the issues were because the people who were supposed to be there, backed out.  Management scrambled and got the Greek food stand and the hot dog stand, not bad for last minute. 

We got to see a lot of friends we hadn't seen in a while. 

My only complaint was; once the sun went down, I was pretty much eaten alive by the mosquitos.  I don't usually get chewed to pieces, but they were all over me!  Some of them almost looked like hives by the time I got home.  I took benadryl and used Cortisone 10 to stop the itch. 

Regardless - highly recommended!