News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

kilted pirate or pirate in pants?

Started by duffy, July 25, 2009, 05:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pirate weekend at the faire. should i go as a kilted pirate or a pirate in pants.?

kilt
26 (66.7%)
pants
13 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

duffy

honestly i am more comfortable wearing a kilt, but not sure if the pirate in a kilt thing is well excepted by everyone. i have both and usually wear a kilt.

redlegsmcleod

Most Pirates would not wear a Kilt because there is no protection for the elements. Plus would you want the whole crew seeing up your Kilt when your up in the rigging.
Parttime Mercenary, Parttime Pirate. Which ever pays the best.

Lady Renee Buchanan

If you want to look like everyone else at the faire that weekend, wear pants.

If you want to look awesome - like DB & Capt. Bacardi always do - wear the kilt. ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Trillium

Kilted pirate will definately make you stand out.  DB and Bacardi pull it off scrumptously!  What girl can resist a pirate in a kilt!?!! 
Got faerie dust?

Rani Zemirah

I don't care what's H/A and what's not when it comes to this... Give me a man in a kilt, pirate or not, any day!!!  Add a baldric loaded with sword, daggers and a few assorted pistols slung across one shoulder, and that's just icing!!! 

Y-U-M  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Taffy Saltwater

I, like any pirate captain worth his rum, only wear my best on shore.  (go for the kilt)
Sveethot!

Betty Munro

mmmm ... a Pirate in a Kilt ... imagine the speed of which said Pirate could ravish a wench.
Take what ye can ...   aaarrrrghhh

Anna Iram

Well now ladies..I do believe we ought to see his legs before making such a decision.

Might we have a picture of your knees so that we might decide best Duffy?  ;)

Rani Zemirah

Oh Anna, I do so like the way you think!!!  I believe we'll be needin' to view the knees of all the brae brawny kilted lads here!  (sigh)  I must confess, though, that, in my opinion at least, there are very few men who's appearance is not enhanced by nine yards of tartan...  :D

Post those pics, gentlemen (and all you pirates, rogues and assorted others who choose to grace us with a swing o' th' pleats , as well...  ;) )!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin

Look at me.... I'm a freak. I don't think my opinion would help you much.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Welsh Wench

Sorry, ladies--I have to play the Devil's advocate here.

Nothing gets my blood racing more than a nice snug pair of breeches and a great pair of boots. Scuffed to the max.

Add a silk shirt billowing in the sea breeze and a cavalier hat....

*SPLASH!!*

Thanks, I needed the cold water.

Besides, can you see Captain Blood in a kilt? I can't.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

duffy

i did wear a kilt. wore the black and gray one you see below in, then i went and bought myself a black one and wore that the rest of the day. up to 5 kilts now, 3 nice ones and 2 cheaper ones i will probably never touch.

only pic i have  on the computer and its from last year

Rani Zemirah

HUZZAH!!!  And the kilt wins again!  

Although I do certainly agree with Wenchie in that a well fitted pair of leather breeks over a great pair of knee boots is definitely a rousing sight to behold!  :o

I rather like this idea of getting to vote on what the menfolk wear...  ;D  LOL 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Anna Iram

Ah! Duffy you are a doll for posting a pic. :) Very handsome you are and I'm glad the kilt won out. To my mind there is nothing more appealing than a handsome lad striding about in a kilt. :)

Looks like some nice work on your arms too. Would you share some close ups of your tattoos? I have none of my own but I always like to look and hear the story of how they came about.

Rani Zemirah

Great minds and all that...  LOL  I was also thinking what fascinating looking sleeves you've got, Duffy.  The tantalizing little glimpses of leg work look quite interesting, as well! 

I do so like the look of really intricate ink (and wouldn't mind sporting a bit more, myself), and there's actually a tattoo thread for just that sort of viewing!!!  In Mundane Topics, I believe...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede