News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

kilted pirate or pirate in pants?

Started by duffy, July 25, 2009, 05:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pirate weekend at the faire. should i go as a kilted pirate or a pirate in pants.?

kilt
26 (66.7%)
pants
13 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

groomporter

How about the best of both worlds

-plaid pants! aka "tartan trews"  ::)

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Anna Iram

Very nice Groomporter! Your garb is so creative. :)

duffy

Quote from: groomporter on July 27, 2009, 09:45:30 AM
How about the best of both worlds

-plaid pants! aka "tartan trews"  ::)

i have thought about that, but truth be told, i enjoy wearing the kilt. i am very comfortable in it, even more so than period pants.
Quote from: Anna Iram on July 26, 2009, 11:00:45 PM
Looks like some nice work on your arms too. Would you share some close ups of your tattoos? I have none of my own but I always like to look and hear the story of how they came about.

i dont have any close up pictures of them at the moment. its not the first time i have been asked so i should take some. i can tell you what they are.

the left arm is a viking ship sailing in a storm with waves, clouds and lightning bolts topped by a celtic band. there are celtic dogs above that and there is a tree of life on the forarm and thors hammer as a compass on there also. the bottom band is tribal.

the right arm is all celtic knotwork pieces put together closely with a celtic sun on the forarm and tribal lower border. i have another dog on my shoulder, a knotwork shamrock on my inner bicep and a different tree of life on my elbow area.

the legs are actually pretty much blank with a line on one and a shark on the other. i also have my last name across my abdomen. oh and i almost forgot i have some viking symbols on my right foot.

theres always more to come

i actually drew almost all of these myself. i chose these designs cause of my heritage. my fathers family (duffy) is from wexford ireland which is a town that was settled by the vikings. viking blood is in all the local residents of that area they say. they were sea fairing people, mostly fisherman. i also grew up on the water and now that i do not live near the ocean i actually miss the smell of it and rejoice when i go back to it. my wife laughs cause i can smell it about 100 miles off shore. i always say ahhhh, i can smell the ocean and she just laughs.

Anna Iram

Wow. The Viking ship sounds amazing. :) Yes, please do post pictures in the Tattoo and Piercing thread if you get the notion. It'd be fun to see it. Here's the link:

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=3085.0

*Totally know what you mean about the sea. I lived inland for a few years and arriving back to the coast and hearing the call of the seagull and smelling the salt air..it made me cry. I'd had no idea just how much it was in my blood.*

Okay..back to garb I guess...though I like to think tattoos are garb-like. :)

LadySeasan

wearing a kilt will definitely make you stand out.

i love a man in a kilt
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Lady Kett

I am a sucker for a man in a kilt, so I voted kilt all the way!

Groomporter, you do pull off the tartan trews nicely though!

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DragonWing

I also like the sleeves. Would also like to see a close up of them. I am thinking of a tattoo myself. 
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Malcolm

These are the only two pictures I have wearing the same shirt/doublet/hat combination.

Kilted

Un-Kilted
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Anna Iram

Malcolm, you are a tease sir! I read "kilted" and then scrolled down to see your handsome photo..and then I read..."un-kilted"....and while equally handsome...well, I admit my heart did skip a beat at the prospects.... :D

Malcolm

Dearest Anna,
This isn't "John's Inn", but I like the way your mind works.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Rani Zemirah

Ah, but you must admit that the term "unkilted" would tend to lead the mind most assuredly in the direction of said Inn...

At least the mind of most any kilt loving lass who graces these threads...
  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

fairydollmaker

Welsh Wench

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

iain robb