News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's up for 2009?

Started by groomporter, July 27, 2009, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Pretty solid word is:

1. The line of food booths between the Greek booth and heading toward the front gate are being rebuilt.

2. Fitz's daughter is currently undergoing treatment for Leukemia, and he has said on Facebook that he might not be performing this year (so I assume his belly dancing wife may not be out either)

3. They've excavated more gravel and the drive way to the participant's campground and "C" gate has shifted more.

Rumor:
The Duchess of Diddle (she has MC'd the Queen's Tea as well as being a street character) may not have a contract.

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lady L

I was out at my shop a few weekends ago and all the food booths between the shops in the 228 row in treetop round were gone. I took pics, but I didn't upload them. The food booth at the corner was there, maybe that's the Greek food. Also, as you come in the front gate, the two shops to the left, (I think one was Thatchentree) and the bakery were gone. Nothing left but some steps and 2 dumpsters full.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Will Gamwell

As it stands now, Fitz's wife will not be out performing this year.  Though there is no firm plans as to wether or not they will make an appearance.  Festival is their daughter's favorite thing every year.  If there is any possible way for them to make it out, I'm sure they will.

Rafe

Noble Dreg

Quote from: groomporter on July 27, 2009, 07:11:22 PM
1. The line of food booths between the Greek booth and heading toward the front gate are being rebuilt.

From an aesthetic view...the "newest" sections of Fair have the hokiest "Disneyesque" looking food buildings ever.  The "cartoon" approach to building design out there is a real turn-off for me.  While many of the buildings have been horridly neglected over the years I would hate to see the grounds remade into some cheap grotesque "Happy Meal" version of a Renaissance Festival.  Soon I fear the King will be looking for a new job, having been replaced by Mayor McCheese.

I pray some real thought will be put into the design/building of the new booths.  More built like Mac's, less built like McDonalds.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Captain Jack Wolfe

What's the matter, Dreg?  You don't like the feeling you're strolling through a Sid Meier Renaissance Festival game?  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

groomporter

One can hope.
I don't know if they are still using the guy who designed the row of food booths by "C" gate at the north end of site. It's said he admitted he was inspired by the village in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The rumor is that they had no choice about rebuilding food booths due to multiple code violations.

I can see not having a new Hall of Masters yet in favor of new food booths, Last thing we would need is to have food booths shut down by the county.

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: groomporter on July 28, 2009, 07:39:07 AM

I can see not having a new Hall of Masters yet in favor of new food booths, Last thing we would need is to have food booths shut down by the county.

I do not see a problem there we still have beer there.  :D  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Marietta Graziella

Oh yes!  Longer lines at the (too) few food booths available.  I love that idea.   ::)

They could DOUBLE the food booths out there and still have long lines. 
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Captain Jack Wolfe

And if you have the proper potency of rum in with your mead, everything gets a bit Technicolour anyway.  No wonder I didn't think twice about the Disney-esque stuff.  8)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Charlotte Rowan

Fitz's daughter... SO sad. I hope she is taking well to the treatment and will be able to visit her favorite place this summer.

Torn down food booths... well... won't they be fixed by the time the rum starts? I LOVE the bakery by the front gate, they have the best cookies...

Mayor McCheese... just... awesome. :)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

groomporter

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on July 28, 2009, 08:39:34 AM
Torn down food booths... well... won't they be fixed by the time the rum starts? I LOVE the bakery by the front gate, they have the best cookies...

Should be, but they might be cutting it close with the number that they're working on.

Quote from: Capt. BacardiI do not see a problem there we still have beer there. 

But man does not live by beer alone, there's gotta be wine and mead and food on a stick.

-And mimes on a schtick?

Noble Dreg

Thought I'd make a killing with "Mead on a Stick" but alas no.  Just wound up with a bunch of sticky sticks...sigh.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

William_MacKean

I was on site Saturday.

They were just beginning to tip up walls on those booths.  Many other booths in that island has trenches cut thru them.  There is a trench going from Greek Foods to Troubador stage including thru that pass thru.  Cinnamon bun & flower booth are gone with the space prepped for a pouring.

The quarrying is all the way up to First Aid.  Employee parking will be pushed around B-gate.

Rumor and only rumor.  Plans will likely change a few times:
I also talked to a few shop owners about the proposed timeline to move front gate to the Children's Realm thru C-gate wall area, thus moving/eliminating the campground unless it is moved to the auxillary parking space to the NW of the current front gate.  There was also talk of it being moved to the Horse gate area, thus allowing the campground to remain.  The employee parking would probably be in the quarried areas.  Again:  ONLY RUMOR!  A working plan, at best.  I mention this only as a vessel to prepare my fest friends/family/patrons that major changes are coming and that we can make them work and be successful.

Personally, I like the logistics of the front gate being at the horse gate.  You could see it from the dirt road and the first thing the patrons would see is the jousting track and pavillion on the hill.

William_MacKean

Quote from: Noble Dreg on July 28, 2009, 09:39:37 AM
Thought I'd make a killing with "Mead on a Stick" but alas no.  Just wound up with a bunch of sticky sticks...sigh.

I totally read that wrong.  I thought you said 'Mead Guy on a stick.'  I'm like ??? 
1.  I don't swing that way.
2.  It would make it too difficult to bend to the get the cash box.

Muffin

How very sad about Fitz' daughter.. My thoughts and prayers are with them..

Bacardi and I should be out on site on the 8th and the 15th of this month, and will take some pictures of the goings on..

At least they're not tearing down the beer booths!!!  :o Food is over rated anyways.. Beer can be food..  ;) Beer is food!! Who's ready for a Breakfast Beer?!!

Would love to see more buildings like Mac's, but alas I am sure the cost difference to build a stone building or just a "fake" building front is significant.. Hopefully there won't be too much of a mess going on after opening... Could deter people from coming out.. which means less money for fest and the vendors, and us poor poor beer wenches!  ;)
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette