News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's up for 2009?

Started by groomporter, July 27, 2009, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Quote from: William_MacKean on July 28, 2009, 09:58:54 AM
I also talked to a few shop owners about the proposed timeline to move front gate to the Children's Realm thru C-gate wall area, thus moving/eliminating the campground unless it is moved to the auxillary parking space to the NW of the current front gate.  There was also talk of it being moved to the Horse gate area, thus allowing the campground to remain. 

As of the Masters' Dinner last year we were told by management that there was no plan at that time to move the gate, but yeah I've always thought moving it to the horse gate area would seem like the smartest since it could disrupt the minimum number of existing booths.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Random Girl

Except for the fact that it would be a nightmare for Safety Services/First Aid.  There would be so much foot traffic in that area that it would be difficult for ambulances and other emergency services to get to us.  While the option to "move" it is there, if that happened we would end up with nothing more than a stick shanty or a tent which would suck for EVERYONE involved.

this isn't woodstock.  There may be hippies but there needs to be more than just a tent for first aid to treat those who ate the brown acid.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

William_MacKean

Might build up A-gate for SS?  (Just a guess/suggestion.)

That would help out, especially if they are considering moving campground to the west side.

Otherwise move SS to C-gate area?  Maybe near the turkey leg cooker.  Might make some of you smell better.   :P

Kidding, of course... maybe.   ;D

William_MacKean

Whatever the changes are or are not:
We can work with them to help these changes appear 'intentional' and 'positive' for the patrons.  If any express concerns, we can direct them to MAF's website with the assurance that their missive will be read and considered.

I, for one, am happy that we have been granted another decade or two.  If it is not a perfect decade, I just remind myself that it is better than no decade at all.

tcindie

I wonder how that would affect us at the fencing booth, as we are immediately inside horse gate.  I don't think anybody would be too keen about it having to move.  On the other hand, if it didn't have to move at all, being right next to the main gate might be kinda fun -- we'd be the first and last thing people see every day of the run. :D

Noble Dreg

Quote from: tcindie on July 28, 2009, 09:23:56 PM
... -- we'd be the first and last thing people see every day of the run. :D

I am so not ready for that!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

tcindie

Why? Can't handle the awesomeness?

Tarac

Ahh a Kung Foo master teach us the way to harmony. ::)
Scotch the only way to go

Noble Dreg

Quote from: tcindie on July 28, 2009, 10:28:50 PM
Why? Can't handle the awesomeness?

No, I just avoid "foiled" brats!   ;D :D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

kaykin

Whatever happens happens ... as it was said - at least we are still there --

My only concern at this point is parking. Last year it was a nightmare- people were blocking each other in constantly, cars were getting dinged up cause everyone was trying to "squeeze" into a spot that wasn't really a spot to park - triple parking ... it was horrible for not only employees but for safetey services as well. Now that parking has decreased even more where are we going to park?? As it is - what was once employee parking on the back side- become shared parking with patrons ... now what will happen?? Short of getting there at 5am to secure a spot - who knows whats gonna happen?? It seems as though employees are not going to have a designated place to park anymore.

groomporter

As crafters we haven't heard any official word about parking. Unless they've been filling in and leveling  some of the previously excavated areas we can only assume it's going to be the same or slightly worse. If I remember, I think part of the problem last year was also a lack of people directing participant parking for the first couple weekends as well.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Random Girl

The rumor is employee parking in the pit....again.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

William_MacKean

Quote from: harem_pants on August 02, 2009, 10:13:59 AM

Makes a certain amount of sense, but what a hike!  I see huge pick up/drop off problems for the little ones, too.  Only 1 narrow road going to C-gate/campground.  Long walk for the 'kids.'  Best that they get picked up near front gate or Horse gate.

I have a lot of heavy liquid to haul about.  I hope there are some accommodations for those who need to haul stock about.

Will Gamwell

Quote from: harem_pants on August 02, 2009, 10:13:59 AM
Seeing the pit these past couple weekends. . . it's not likely.  Not a lot of open flat space for parking.  A road and a lot of debris from the mining.

DeadBishop

I'm just going to make sure I get there early enough to park so I don't have to walk forever and a day to my booth.  I don't like the idea of carrying 3+ tons of rock from half a mile away when I should be able to park 10 yards from my booth.   ::)

R/F.com member since 2003