News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

looking for job in MDRF

Started by ladydorian, July 28, 2009, 12:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladydorian

Hi I'm Dorian and I'm looking for a job for the first 6 weeks in MDRF...(I'm leaving for TRF after)
I'm fourteen but I have lots of experience working faires and I have recommendations from previous bosses.  If you have anything available please contact me :)

analise

A lot of people end up getting jobs at MDRF by talking to vendors directly, early on. (though of course, a lot of vendors would prefer to pay in trade or faire passes or something. I know the one I've worked for for the past two years has paid me in kind with his wares (which, since I'd never buy stuff like this for myself with actual money, it works out) )

I know someone who used to work at the pony rides who might be able to give me contact info for them if you're interested in something like that.

I have no idea how the other jobs work or how to get on with them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you might want to update your subject line to say you're looking in MDRF

ladydorian

I'm allergic to horses & ponies so that wouldn't work. But thanks for trying

Lumpy

I notice today that a few vendors had signs up at the festival asking for help. It's still pretty quiet there and not many folks have shown up yet. I'll send you a message this week after I head back over and let you know who it was and their contact info. Things will really start to pick up over the next two weeks as more and more vendors show up to open their booths.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

LunasReincarnate

(new to this forum but not to MDRF)

I too am interested in finding more work at the faire. i already have a part time job there and would like to try and find another vendor to possibly work at as well! so any info you may have to share would be lovely!

thanks!
"My Lords, do whatever you wish. As for me, I shall do no otherwise than pleases me. "

Lumpy

Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

ladydorian

thanks! I'll be contacting the people