News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st AnnualLong Island Pirate Festival, June 14-15

Started by Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter, May 20, 2008, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

For ye Northern crews and scallywags, the Long Island Pirate Festival is shaping up to be quite the first year event.  With music from the likes of The Crimson Pirates, The Brigands, Strike the Bell and the Bawdy Buccaneers plus many more and so many pirate crews and re-enactment groups that I can't keep the festival website updated fast enough.

The Festival will be held on the sea side grounds of the Long Island Maritime Museum, who is the prime sponsor.

There will be opening and closing cannon salvos ( so far we have more then 15 cannon showing up) and black powder free fire zone for qualified pirates.

We hopes ta see ye there!

Festival site:   http://thebrigands.com/lipiratefestival
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

theChuck

Hoping to make it out there; gotta see how busy I am that weekend.

A sort of nitpicky question on the vendors - are they going to be authentic vendors or importers?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Avast ye there Chuck, there be a mix.  Would be a grand event indeed that for a first year try could command a 100% period vendor base.
There will be some sutlers.

No, the big drawIMHO is the music and pirate crews. There will be some of the best pirate bands on the eastern seaboard there, and  more crews with cannons then even the Blackbeard Festival.  Hell, we are bringing 4!
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

dragongirl

I cannot wait!  I have been excited about the festival since I found out about it in March.  especially since this will be the first event that I will be letting my inner sea goddess/pirate out. lol 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

SirBlackFox

Might be dangerous for a pyrate like me in LI next weekend. . . .  the wife is on call. . .thus my carousing will multiply! 
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

dragongirl

Well I mgiht have to be keeping an eye on you or point you in the reight direction.  ;)

theChuck

so how did the pirate festival go? im sorry i missed the event; some stuff came up in the past few days that i couldn't get away from. :/
The Renlist - find faires near you!

dragongirl

It was AWSOME!!!!!  We were there all weekend, except to sleep.  The awful rain and thunder on Sat night made the tests to soggy to sleep in.  But the festival was great lots of attendies, lots of shopping, and lots of RUM...lol  You missed a wonderful time.  There are plans fo another next year so you will be able to reval with us next year.