News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

please send some prayers

Started by Auryn, July 30, 2009, 11:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

I know I am not a very vocal member of the forum but I would very much appreciate if some prayers- of any creed or belief, could be said.

A little over a month ago my aunt was diagnosed with cancer. Small little tumors all over her body.
It seemed like she was fighting it.
This morning she passed out and lost conciousness.
The doctors told my uncle there was nothing left to do and he should be saying good bye, that he would have a couple of days at the most.

She just passed away.
My 8 year old cousin never even got to say goodbye.
My grandma told him this morning that if the doctors couldn't make her better then god would take her so she could be in heaven and be better.
My cousin's reply was "If I'm good and don't get into trouble will she see me again??"

We can't afford the $900 per person plane ticket to see them (they are in europe), so we can't even say goodbye or provide comfort.

Any prayers of healing and comfort for them would be greatly appreciated.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Hibernian

In our thoughts and prayers this day.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Anna Iram

Auryn, I'm sorry. It's so hard to deal with a sudden death like that with all the feelings you've described, but so much better than having a long drawn out illness. If your aunt had to pass, then you were all blessed that it was as painless as possible.

Perhaps you could have a wake of some sort with your family here. Gather up pictures and stories to share and give yourselves a chance to say goodby. My belief is your aunt will know of your need and will be present and will hear what you would have liked to have said to her before her passing.

I'll certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Tygrkat

Sending lots of thoughts of comfort and peace to you and your family...
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Amy of York

Lighting a  prayer candle  for  you.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lordwriothsley

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May you all find peace and comfort on this day.

Hugs and love and God Bless you all.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Auryn

Thank you everyone.
It really helps and means a lot.

Whats crazy is that about 30 min before we got the first phone call I was setting up a camera and headphone/microphone on my mom's computer so we could do a video skype call. Its become our daily routine for the last week and a half or so that we would do a hour long video chat every morning (their evening).

After I set it up I was testing the video- worked fine for about 10 minutes and all of sudden froze on me. The whole computer went nuts and refused to turn back on- thats when we got the first call.
When we got the second call my mom's phone stopped working for about 30 minutes.

I know it sounds crazy but both my mom and I think that it was her.

According to my grandma (she was there) apparently when she was losing consciousness she kept telling them that she was scared and she knew she was dying.  Seems like she had been feeling like "it" was coming since tuesday.

I know she is in a better place and she is no longer in pain.
I hurt for my uncle and my cousin. My uncle is absolutely besides himself right now which I can understand.
If I were to lose Julian I don't know if I could recover.

My dad told my uncle that he can send my cousin here for a few weeks while he (my uncle) is out of the country for work.
Might be good for him to have a change of scenery and not have my grandma's neurosis hovering over him constantly.

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec