News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For hire at TRF

Started by Dreamie, July 31, 2009, 01:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamie

Ahoy there,
I would like to attend TRF this year. I cannot, realistically, unless I find some manner of employ.
Those of you based in Texas may remember me from Scarborough Faire.

I started my faire career as a black powder shooting, bawdy pirate wench in Washington and Oregon. I've worked million dollar parties and movies as a pirate. From there and for many years I have worked as a large stage hawker all around the country for Thomas Wood the Pyrojuggler (www.pyrojuggler.com), whereas I tend to hawk his stages to capacity. I'm currently in training as his juggling partner. I also act as a set up/tear down/ merchandise pitching lovely assistant. I have crafted my look to really stand out, as a hawker should. Check out my myspace for an example: www.myspace.com/dreamiegarg

I also work as a fantasy lane character and a roving "random artist" (ie sidewalk chalk art, poster painting, bubble taming, rainbow making.. whatever I come up with that day). 

Have art that needs to be done? Chances are I can do it. Art can range anywhere from simple graphics to websites to sculpting to photorealism. Try me. See www.dreamie.org for a sample. I would love to do some live artwork!

Message me here or anywhere else you may see fit.

Love,
Dreamie

Magister

This girl is fantastic folks ... One heck of an artist, great at grabbing your attention (*cough*) - I mean barking of course! ... and just a sweetheart.  Anyone would be lucky to have her on their team. 

Makes me wish I had a booth at TRF so I could hire her on :)

- Mag

PS - Don't let her low post count scare you.  She asked me where to look to find work at TRF, and of course I recommended our lovely forum.  She's a long time Rennie, just new to us.

Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

squiregaby

Hi Dreamie!!

Let me know if you find work down there and we'll be sure to stop in and say hi!
I saw a post for a fanshoppe that's hiring! look in the help wanted forum!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Dreamie

Thank you for the kind endorsement, Magister! ^_^

Hope to see you there Gaby! We have so many great friends from the middle circuit. It's saddening to only see everyone once a year. I have not met one person that I dont like, admire, and want to know more about. That's quite a lovely happenstance, neh?

Love,
~Dreamie~

squiregaby

Quote from: Dreamie on August 01, 2009, 10:53:57 PM
Thank you for the kind endorsement, Magister! ^_^

Hope to see you there Gaby! We have so many great friends from the middle circuit. It's saddening to only see everyone once a year. I have not met one person that I dont like, admire, and want to know more about. That's quite a lovely happenstance, neh?

Love,
~Dreamie~
It is indeed!! I miss them when they are away :(  I miss all of my new friends that I met at Scarby this season! 
And we are taken care of wherever we go! :D  I went to CO with no place to sleep and virtually no money and our Rennie Family took care of me :D
We're talking about getting the Scarby squires together again and making a run down there on All Hallows Eve weekend....i think!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

eloquentXI

I'll keep my ears open to to a couple of the different shops that I know/connections down at TRF and see if they are looking for hire of any sort.

It would be great to see you again and would love to have a reason for you to be back in Texas again before Scarby in the Spring.

Take care of yourself and good luck!

-Meg
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)