News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Tudors

Started by daylight, May 21, 2008, 07:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylissame

I like the show. I hate how inaccurate it is, but I feel that as a show it is fun to watch. I have the first 2 seasons on DVD ;D
I love all the jewelry too. It gives me ideas for projects

wildthingjew

just finished my season 3 dvds that arrived on thursday, love it, it is just so wonderful to be able to see more of princess elizabeth. and what pain henry must have suffered with that leg damage that he had. now i can't wait for season 4, ah what an addiction.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

tiberiusflynn

One of the short coming of The Tudors...(yes just one of many) is that I beleive they could have seriously extended the show by years if it had been done right.

The very title, "The Tudors"!!! I feel they should have started with Henry VII (or even earlier). Shown a little of the War of the Roses and the huge ordeal and turmoil that the country was thrown into, especially the Princes in the Tower and Richard the III.....gone through Henry VII reign, shown the early years of Henry VIII, gone through his reign as well, THEN they could keep the show going through Mary and into Elizabeth!!!

As it is, the show seems that it will be limited to Henry VIII (god I hope so.....)

I also wonder how they are to have him die...as the show is now in the 1540's and he doesn't have much longer left....considering Henry looks to be only in his early 30s...and aside from the leg issue, seems to be in great shape....I wonder how they're to kill him off.

Rapier Half-Wit

Well, with all the innacuracies, why not just have Dexter do it?  ;D
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Rapier Half-Wit on December 28, 2009, 04:06:39 PM

DEAR GOD thats awesome!!!!!

I just don't see why Showtime couldn't do a more accurate show...similar to HBO's Rome. Sure Rome took some liberties, they had too...but they also managed to make a pretty damn good tv series that has lots of accurate details, customs, clothing, and they did they're best to make it as real and believable as possible.

I mean.....I was all getting ready for anne of cleves to be ugly as sin but she was a very attractive woman.....better looking then many of the women Henry's boned in the series.....eh, oh well.

Rapier Half-Wit

Quote from: knightofistari on January 02, 2010, 12:39:24 PM

Oh go for broke; how about Dexter doing his best Blackadder impression while killing the king?  Too far out there?
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Betty Munro

Since they threw H/A out the window from the very beginning ...
how about have his 6th wife kill him?

I have not had Showtime, and so had missed the first 3 seasons ... but recent events have Showtime available and the Tudors just started a full repeat of season 1 ... guilty peasure.  I have to admit, I LOVE it and I LOVE the costumes, and I LOVE the dirty plot.  I wish they didn't call it The Tudors since it is not even remotely H/A, but it is great fun.  They could have called it "Dirty Historical Romance Novel Series".  I am so hooked that I am going to buy the DVD series as soon as finances allow. 

I think the Tudors costumes will make excellent non H/A Ren Wear!

DonaCatalina

you mean this thing is still running???
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Sir James of Milford

Dispite all the bad reviews on here, I must admit I love the show.  It may not be H/A, but it is quite entertaining.  I even think the costumes are very nice.  I would much rather imagine people in this garb rather than the H/A garb, I think its sexier...lol  I want some ;)
Sir James of Milford
Edward II, Duke of Yorkshire

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Betty Munro on January 19, 2010, 04:13:30 PM
Since they threw H/A out the window from the very beginning ...
how about have his 6th wife kill him?

LOL, yeah Katherine Parr takes Henry out, that'd be sweet. She's all nice and complacent and when he has one of his fits, she picks up a sword and just wacks his head off!!!!  Seriously......I don't know how they can do it, except just have him declining in health for S5 and S6.....without him becoming fat. I mean, they've already missed the boat on that one.....unless for S5 and S6 they put him in a fat suit (LOL!!) which they would never do....

It's just so unrealistic....he should be in his 50s by now and so large that "three men could fit in his doublet".....

Quote from: DonaCatalina on January 20, 2010, 05:52:10 AM
you mean this thing is still running???

Hahahaha, yes its still running. Just like Smallville. People don't care if the shows accurate or good. And I have to admit, I liked it at first but as it goes on I like it less and less. Jonathan Rhys Meyers acting has no evolution, he does the same thing every ep. And his fool, Will Somers came out of nowhere in S3 and I think so far he's the most interesting character to show up....they should make a series about him.

Quote from: Sir James of Milford on January 20, 2010, 06:44:53 PM
Dispite all the bad reviews on here, I must admit I love the show.  It may not be H/A, but it is quite entertaining.  I even think the costumes are very nice.  I would much rather imagine people in this garb rather than the H/A garb, I think its sexier...lol  I want some ;)

lol, yes I love the costumes also.....just about all I love.

Did anyone else get a guilty feeling seeing Katherine Howard naked? She looks so young I felt like a dirty old man seeing Tamzin Merchant all naked. But the actress is 22

Betty Munro

Yeah, I feel guilty when I see the Hollywood hotties naked ... guilty that I ate all that pie over the holidays and don't look like that anymore.  LOL

The Lady Mercedes

Just a reminder for those who may need it: the final season starts Apr. 11...can't wait! ;D
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: The Honorable Lady Benton on March 21, 2010, 04:59:04 AM
Just a reminder for those who may need it: the final season starts Apr. 11...can't wait! ;D

I know!  I am ready for it.  :)

I am bummed this is going to be the final season.  I don't care that it's not HA or anything, I like the show for the enertainment.

I'm wondering if they will make a spin off series..... Elizabeth.... that would be sweet!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Athena

Quote from: Rapier Half-Wit on January 19, 2010, 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: knightofistari on January 02, 2010, 12:39:24 PM

Oh go for broke; how about Dexter doing his best Blackadder impression while killing the king?  Too far out there?

LOL! I'd get Showtime just to see that!  8)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb