News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Roll Call - Memorial Weekend

Started by Master James, May 21, 2008, 09:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

OK this is a long weekend for us and I know a lot of you are going to the Rendevous at TNRF but of those of you that are not, who will be down to see us this weekend?  Looks to be a beautiful weekend knocks on woodlike substance and we will have tons of great acts, shows and vendors for you!  Stop on by the Court and say hi too!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

reese

;D  Uhhhh I think I'll be there.

Reese

lowlandscot

I will be there all weekend -- unless something changes radically from last weekend three shows each day, and I may bring the small harp with me this time and see if I can be of use in the poppet playground. I had a lot of kids fascinated with the big harp last weekend but I'm a lot more comfortable letting them get their sticky fingers all over the wee Aedh.

Keb

My mother (Anne Cox) says you'll be welcome in Poppets', of course.

aidenoffairfax

I'll be there... oh wait, I'm on cast already... ***hack***
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

reese

aidenoffairfax  Spewing fruity things from thy mouth, yea?

lowlandscot That is so cool that you are willing to go to the Poppets and entertain the children, thank you!

Reese

Lady Jai

We will be there on Saturday. Reese, I promise we will catch up this time.  On Sunday, we kept seeing you from a distance and then never got to you.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Oh Boy Finally! I'll be there, it's my first faire away from home (mdrf). I'm bringing my daughter,sister and niece. We are all looking forward to meeting everyone. ;D  ;)  :o  :D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

reese

WOW, Lady Jai, I didn't realize you all made it out Sunday.  I figured the weather just was too much for the children.  I'm going to strive to be out and about more this weekend since I'm feeling better.  Really looking forward to seeing your Princess again, oh and you and your "boys" as well.  ;)

Lady Joyceanne, I do hope we meet and exceed your expectations.  We are small and intimate, which allows the interaction between cast and play/patrons, so it is a bit different than MD.  Do find time to take the children down to Poppets, if just for a break in the shade.  I claim to be the female half of the paparazzi, but not nearly as good as our male counterpart, so if you see me, please introduce yourself.  I'm horrid with names, so just remind me why I'll know you. 

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend, with temps. up in mid 80's for Sun. and Mon.   So defiantly hydrate a day or more prior to coming, make sure you replenish your salt (pickles, olives) and potassium (bananas, potatoes (fries), and get your protein.  I like to carry around pretzels for the salt, and either jerky or nuts in my bag for the salt and the protein.  I also make sure we get at least some fries once a day for the potassium and the salt, and drink lots and lots of water. I also encourage upping ones Vit.C prior to being out all day, it aids with the skins ability to deal with the sun.  If you like Kiwi, that is one of the best foods for Vit. C. It won't keep you from burning, so do other forms of protection, but it'll help.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing,  this is out of concern and I know just how easy and quick one can go down, esp. children since they never seem to slow down, until they get cranky;  I think we all that deal with children know that just ends the day.  It's so easy to forget to do all of these things when we're busy having fun.  Our White Knights are wonderful and will take good care of anyone that is in need or feels a bit off, so don't hesitate to ask for help. 

Have fun this weekend, I have a feeling it'll be busy. 

Reese

analise

I'd like to be there on either Sunday or Monday but I don't know that I want to make the drive myself. Trying to get a person or two to go with me. Stay tuned! :)

will paisley

Quote from: reese on May 21, 2008, 05:05:10 PM
aidenoffairfax  Spewing fruity things from thy mouth, yea?

No, the "**hack**" is just an honest appraisal of his poetry skills  ;D

Quote from: reese on May 21, 2008, 05:05:10 PM
lowlandscot That is so cool that you are willing to go to the Poppets and entertain the children, thank you!

Hey, I try to entertain the children, but the parents either drag them away from me or Her Majesty posts pikemen around the Poppets area whenever I make it back into the woods (and *nobody* believes me when I tell them that "Johnny Came Home Headless" is a children's song!)
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Feline Groovy

Quote from: will paisley on May 22, 2008, 11:31:43 AM
No, the "**hack**" is just an honest appraisal of his poetry skills  ;D

You used 'poetry' and 'skills' in the same sentence whilst referring to to Mehan? Are you mad, man?????  Now his ego will be larger than ever!!!   ;)

(and *nobody* believes me when I tell them that "Johnny Came Home Headless" is a children's song!)

You just haven't met the right children yet.   :D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

lowlandscot

*nobody* believes me when I tell them that "Johnny Came Home Headless" is a children's song

Oh, just wait'll closing weekend -- we'll get Lynn Cunningham to come teach the kiddies "Weela Waila." The moral of the story is, weela weela waila, Don't stick knives in babies' heads, down by the River Saila

Spanky

I'll be there with my roll of caution tape ;D
Spank'n M'Crack

reese

LOL that's such a lovely childrens song, goes along well with my children singing Hither, Dither and Yon songs! 

Good to know you'll be there Kevin,  and be nice, or naughty, eeehhhhhh it doesn't matter just as long as you are there. 

Reese