News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

POLL: Personal Forum Storefronts for Seamstresses!

Started by DeadBishop, August 06, 2009, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have your own personal section on the forum to set up shop and sell your items from?

Yes!
No.

DeadBishop

It looks like this is something we'll be moving forward with then here on the forum!  What I'd like is that anyone interested in having their own personal sub-forum, please PM me and we'll discuss the details.  

Thanks everyone!

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Rebecca

Will it be possible for us to set up storefronts at a later date, as well? I'm definitely interested, but until I get my own sewing machine in Dec, I don't think I'll have time to make for people besides myself and my friends.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on August 09, 2009, 06:34:39 PM
Will it be possible for us to set up storefronts at a later date, as well? I'm definitely interested, but until I get my own sewing machine in Dec, I don't think I'll have time to make for people besides myself and my friends.

Yes, of course!  This is not a one time offer.  However, I will be offering a special rate to the first members who sign up now to get us started with our new area of the forum!

R/F.com member since 2003

Blow'n M'Crack

Personally, I think it's a good idea, but again the question of fee has not been answered either.  I'd really like to know if it would be a monthly, yearly, or one time fee.

I enjoy sewing but right now my time is limited but to be able to set this up and have it ready for later when I do have more time to sew would be awesome. 

Rani Zemirah

I would also be very interested in the fee rate and schedule.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Betty Munro

I have considered making inexpensive starter wench skirts & chemises and also little boy garb for resale as a way to pay for my own and give me an activity other than watching tv to get through winter ... but don't have any way to market them.  Depending on the cost I would definitly consider it.

LadyCatharine

Since I have not the patience nor time, I 4 1 would def purchase
Saw a gorgeous gorgeous skirt/overdress, Noble's garb..over 500 pounds.whoosh...
post away..let us peruse the pages. ;) ;)
'A feast is made for laughter
and wine maketh merry'

ladyharrogate

Quote from: Betty Munro on November 24, 2009, 09:24:53 AM
I have considered making inexpensive starter wench skirts & chemises and also little boy garb for resale as a way to pay for my own and give me an activity other than watching tv to get through winter ... but don't have any way to market them.  Depending on the cost I would definitly consider it.

I would go for it Betty.  Try a site like Etsy for easier marketing.  I'd recommend doing girls sets too.  I run the children's performance troupe at our festival and my parents always have a hard time with kids costuming.

Lady D1

Quote from: ladyharrogate on September 16, 2010, 06:11:55 PM
Quote from: Betty Munro on November 24, 2009, 09:24:53 AM

I would go for it Betty.  Try a site like Etsy for easier marketing.  I'd recommend doing girls sets too.  I run the children's performance troupe at our festival and my parents always have a hard time with kids costuming.

As the mother of a twelve year old girl - I concur!  Making clothes that they can wear for more than one year that do not cost an arm and a leg would rock! 
Don't delay, taste a tart today!

CaraGreenleaf

I'd be incredibly interested!! I'm having troubles right now trying to find enough work to stay busy! I'm always looking for new marketing tools!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

C Dragonworks

As a home working Leather crafter and seamstress I would LOVE to have a small store front here to sell my pouches and such. I do mostly leather but I can sew ANYTHING! So Let us know what the fees will be and all...I may drop my old website in favour of this! Cat

LAVAGODDESSSS

Let me know if you need any help, anyone, with logos, etc. I'm not sure what you'll be doing to make the storefronts 'pretty' but I'm willing to offer my services for barter. Not here just to advertise, wasn't my first intention at all. But was curious as to how people who likely don't have a lot of experience putting together things like this, once they have their 'space' will be able to do the digital things to them.

I'd be willing to help with this project, in any way that my design/web engineering skills allow. :)
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Auryn

Was there ever any progress made with this??

I would love the opportunity.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede