YeOldeRF

Poll

Would you like to have your own personal section on the forum to set up shop and sell your items from?

Yes!
No.

Author Topic: POLL: Personal Forum Storefronts for Seamstresses!  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Christine Helman

Re: POLL: Personal Forum Storefronts for Seamstresses!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »
This would be a wonderful resource to be able to link my website and/or pay for space on this site to promote my historical clothing design business.  :)  Most of the historical clothing sites like this are for Victorian or Colonial (18th Century). There is a need for those of us who specialize in Renaissance attire.

As a side note, I highly appreciate that you stress in the rules of this site to "Play Nice." I have found many historical costumers can be hyper-critical of each others' work. It would be wonderful to have a place where those types of personalities are weeded out and we all support each other without snide comments and critiques. There is a market for everyone's work whether it is clothing that is Period Appropriate or just Historically Inspired. My clients are not mundanes who give a fig about the accuracy of print and fabrics, but rather reenactors who understand the necessary monetary investment and appreciate my attention to detail.

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us