News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

POLL: Personal Forum Storefronts for Seamstresses!

Started by DeadBishop, August 06, 2009, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have your own personal section on the forum to set up shop and sell your items from?

Yes!
No.

Christine Helman

This would be a wonderful resource to be able to link my website and/or pay for space on this site to promote my historical clothing design business.  :)  Most of the historical clothing sites like this are for Victorian or Colonial (18th Century). There is a need for those of us who specialize in Renaissance attire.

As a side note, I highly appreciate that you stress in the rules of this site to "Play Nice." I have found many historical costumers can be hyper-critical of each others' work. It would be wonderful to have a place where those types of personalities are weeded out and we all support each other without snide comments and critiques. There is a market for everyone's work whether it is clothing that is Period Appropriate or just Historically Inspired. My clients are not mundanes who give a fig about the accuracy of print and fabrics, but rather reenactors who understand the necessary monetary investment and appreciate my attention to detail.