News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hotel recommendations

Started by Edmund Howard, August 17, 2009, 09:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edmund Howard

Hi, we're thinking of coming to KCRF from Colorado.  This will be our first visit to KCRF.  Any recommendations for a hotel near the faire?  I'll be driving in from Denver on Friday.  My wife is visiting family and attending a wedding in Columbia MO the week before, and will probably take a shuttle from Columbia to the KC airport.  Do any of the hotels in the faire area have a shuttle from the airport?

Norfolk

Wheatie,

The Baroness and I have tried a number of the motels in the Bonner Springs area, but the one we prefer, by a rather large margin, is the Hampton Inn in Shawnee Mission.  It is about 15 minutes drive from the Festival site, well maintained, and reasonably priced. 

Having said that, I'm told that many of the travelling rennies prefer the Motel 8 in Bonner Springs itself. That may be more your cup of tea (or meade) if you go in for the late-night party scene.  But, as you can
see by my avatar, I need my beauty rest!

Safe travels.
Just call me "Your Grace"

kcdcchef

what i have highly reccomended to faire goers over the years is do a quick once over with orbitz, travelocity, hotels.com, etc, because you can generally find some sort of a steal right downtown kc, which, is 15 minutes away. you can hop on I-70 very easily from downtown, ( 12th st exit right to the freeways ) and you can find like incredible $50 nites ( with taxes and fees $65 ) and stay at a top of the line place like the president, westin, or even hyatt. highly reccomend it. and you could luck out and end up at one of those spots, and there is AMPLE AMPLE AMPLE street parking that is free on weekends downtown.

Edmund Howard

Thanks for that suggestion.  I was looking for somewhere close, but I'll have a look downtown, too.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Wheatie on August 20, 2009, 08:48:14 AM
Thanks for that suggestion.  I was looking for somewhere close, but I'll have a look downtown, too.

yeah, literaly, from a downtown hotel it takes 2 minutes to get on I-70 and not even 15 minutes from there to the faire. not necessarily look downtown, but see what deals are out there. it gives you the optionof paying what you would pay at comfort inn or the likes out towards bonner springs and get to stay at some amazing place like the westin or something. just a thought.

have a great time at faire!!

guinea

The Chase suites in Overland Park, KS comes highly recommended. They're much cheaper than expected and very nice inside.