News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Movie Extras needed for Sunday

Started by Terry Griffith, May 21, 2008, 10:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

The movie "She's Out Of My League" is still shooting in Pittsburgh.  If anybody wants to make a few bucks for basically hanging around the Mellon Arena all day, they should give the hotline a call at 412/434-6416.

My only problem is that I don't have a Penguins shirt or hat.  If anybody has anything I could borrow I would be glad to pick it up and return it cleaned.  Email me at pittsburghirish@verizon.net if you have anything.

Give them a call and we can spend the day together just hangin' out and getting paid for it.  It's minimum wage with overtime after 9 hours.  They pay for parking and food.  It might be a 14 hour day but what beter way to spend it if you aren't doing anything else and it's interesting to watch.

See you on the set.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

It's OK Terry.  Wardrobe will have something you can use.  Wear your Steeler shirt and they'll decide if its good enough.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

I just assumed the Steeler logo would not be allowed.  I know they have paid for Penguins logo but Steelers?  We bought Penguins tee shirts and now at least I'll have one to wear at gigs when they have the game on.

Let's Go Penns!!

anne of oaktower

Blast it all!  Finally have a day free that I could actually go down to the city to do this, and now....I have no vehicle!  My van broke down during finals week and can't be resurrected  :(  I'm in the process of getting something else, but it's going to take another week or so.  RATS!!!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

Quote from: anne of oaktower on May 22, 2008, 09:32:35 AM
Blast it all!  Finally have a day free that I could actually go down to the city to do this, and now....I have no vehicle!  My van broke down during finals week and can't be resurrected  :(  I'm in the process of getting something else, but it's going to take another week or so.  RATS!!!

Alas, that is unfortunate.  Jan is coming along for this shoot and we could have had a great time.  I would suggest renting for the day but you won't get your check for close to a month.  It usually turns out to be about $100 for the day so a rental might be worth it if you can wait a month to be compensated.

Professor M

I see on the Pittsburgh Film Office site that they're ramping up to shoot another film here soon.  It's called, tentatively, Hollywood and Wine.  It stars David Spade and Norm MacDonald, so it's certain to be a major flop at the box office.  I just hope they need lots of extras.  ;)
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis