News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Invisble Flash Dark Flash

Started by renfairephotog, August 07, 2009, 09:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

"Invisible flash" could eliminate bright camera bulb pops

A camera that takes photos with an invisible flash of infrared and ultraviolet light points to a smarter way to take photos in the dark.

Dilip Krishnan and Rob Fergus at New York University created the camera in an attempt to do away with intrusive regular flashes.

Full article

Yahoo tech
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

switch

Looks like they still have a way to go, but could be very cool in the future.  Did you click on the picture?  Very strange, looks like night vision like the article said.  Dark eyes.
Movie buff extraordinaire!

renfairephotog

In the article is a link to a series of the photos. the darl flash, the no flash, and the combined image.
the gallery
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

switch

Ah, yeah now I paged through them.  Pretty cool.  I wonder how it compares side by side with the same image taken from a standard camera.  Interesting article though.
Movie buff extraordinaire!

DeadBishop

It's a neat concept but it would never work for consumer cameras, IMO, just because of the unnatural colors it produces with the wider range of light used, even with the software enhancement.  Looks similar to HDR photography, with the way it combines frames.  I'd like to see what the scientific uses for the technology have produced.

R/F.com member since 2003