News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new Milton ren fes

Started by kainar, August 08, 2009, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kainar

Well everyone, here  we go.  The Country Renaissance Festival is coming to Milton.  September 26, 27 2009 at Country Heritage Park.  There will be JOUSTING, a chess match, games of skill, vendors, TURKEY LEGS and much more.  Soon to hit web browsers, www.countryrenfest.com stay tuned for what will come.  This will be a show that will grow as the years come.  Also check www.fairesintime.com

Hausfrau Monica

I can't wait.  We are so looking forward to being there.  Our first Faire was the Pirate Festival this year and now we are spending every spare minute and every time we are out shopping thinking of garb and try to get things together in time.

Does anyone know where the preferred camping location is?

GirlChris

Well, I know there's a campground just to the north of the site on the other side of the highway- Milton Heights Campground. I don't know what the grounds are like (camping and me do NOT get along!) but you can't get much closer.

Hausfrau Monica

Thanks for that.  I think that we are going to hold off on making camping plans until closer to the date since weather could be a real issue.  I am more for the hotel/motel route anyway.  The concept of putting on garb for the first time in a tent does not appeal to me so much either.

Will you be there?  Do you think it will be well attended?

GirlChris

Yes, I'm going to be there as Lady Maria de Salinas, one of Catherine of Aragon's ladies in waiting.

And since it's a first time event, there's no real way of knowing what attendance will be like. It's an adventure!

Hausfrau Monica

Hurray for adventures..... or, I guess it should be .... Huzzah for adventures.

I am so looking forward to this new life.  The whole family is very excited to be involved too.  We will look for you.  Are there other Canadians on the board?

Ebillan

Oh, this is great!
I was just complaining earlier today about the fact that our old faire here was gone! And then I decide to check back here for the first time in ages and what do you know! The first topic on the Canadian/Europian forums is /this/.
I'm so excited~~ :D

LadyJuliana

Greetings from another Canadian on the board!  ;D

M'Lady Chris... as the website is still not online, I was hoping you may know! Have you any idea of the entrance fee to the new faire?

Ebillan

I've looked around on the home website for the people running the faire (fairesintime.com) and the only information I can find on this particular faire is as follows..

"Experience the Renaissance September 26th - 27th 2009       
Written by Keith Sine     
Friday, 30 January 2009 09:08 
The Dates have been set for our 2009 season.  We are proud to announce that we have added a Renaissance festival to our scheduled for 2009 on September 26th - 27th.

More details will be released as we finalize our entertainment, activities, merchants and theme for the day ... keep an eye on www.countryrenfest.com for more information."

And also that they are looking for volunteers to help out with things. I don't think they have a price set just now, but I doubt it will be too much- the old one we had here wasn't.

GirlChris

Considering I'm just part of the entertainment, it is a baaaaaaaaaad idea to ask me for specifics. As an actor, I pride myself on being a very focused on my art and on my craft... either that, or as an actor I'm easily distracted by shiny things or things that make noise.

Kelly (Kainar) and Keith (Dunedon) are board members for Faires in Time and also post here. When they have those details I'm sure they'll post them.

LadyJuliana

Okey dokey! I'm just impatient for info! Excited by the idea of a new faire  ;D

*pokes Kainar & Dunedon* Give us details!!!  :P

Alacrity

Myself and family will be there. Working on rounding up the friends too. Gotta support any effort for Ontario Renn Fests.
Trust me, I'm a Dungeon Master

kainar

Sorry about the website everyone.  Our webmaster just finished moving and that set his release schedule back a wee bit.  The site should be up by the beginning of september.  Prices are $12 an adult $8 a child and senior.

SirMike

Oh this is something that I cannot believe. I am so happy. A chance to throw on the Ren gear and support the new festival. Huzzah!

Cornwall

It appears the website is up and I can hardly wait!  Just remember, please no slaying of the dragon.