News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new Milton ren fes

Started by kainar, August 08, 2009, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hausfrau Monica

Dragons????  There will be dragons???

Orphena

M'lord and I are volunteering at the Faire so be sure to stop off and say hello!

Lady Orphena & Lord Dugyn
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Hausfrau Monica

Yippee!!!  Three weeks to go.  The garb I have ordered from eBay and what we have been gathering is really starting to come together.  I am sure, being newbies, we will stick out like sore thumbs so please say hello.

I wonder, I will need help getting my corset on since I don't want to wear it for the two hour drive.  Will there be someone there who could help me lace and teach my hubby how?

With thanks,

Hausfrau

Arianwyn

I am sure there will be Hausfrau......I have learned how to cinch one of my corsets...but the others take some assisting....and that usually takes place in the parking lot for me  :)

Where are you coming from and what time do you intend to be arriving?  I am heading to Milton from Hamilton....am going to try and be there first thing.

Arianwyn

Hausfrau Monica

Airnwyn...We live near Collingwood and intend to stay for the whole weekend in Milton.  I don't know what time we will arrive though...hopefully early.  I need to get the hotel booked soon too.

We will have a dry run at Waterloo first the weekend before but that will be a quick in and out since we have to go from Collingwood to Waterloo and then all the way back to Alliston for our niece's baby shower.  A short trip (negotiated very heavily) will be better than no trip at all.

The guys are pretty much set with their garb... they still need boots though... but I am still waiting for my dress and skirt to arrive.  I am still hunting for a farthingale but I need the skirts to be able to fit everything together.

dunedon

And it slowly comes together ... first year faires are always the hardest to organize ... we keep forgetting things  :o

I've posted the draft version of the program at www.fairesintime.com so you can check it out there and download your own copy if you want :) ... It might change a bit (especially vendor locations) in the next couple of weeks, but in general it should be a fairly accurate depiction of the fun we have in store for the 26th and 27th :)

See you all in a couple of weeks (or less EEP!) - Dunedon

Orphena

M'lord Dugyn & I have been asked to be a part of cast in Milton, so we'll be playing the mayor & his wife - I'll be in gold/yellow gown in hopes of impressing their majesties! As we are officially on cast (for the first time!!), we wont be able to take any pictures, so would appreciate any shots of us in action!

Hausfrau - we will be at Waterloo for the day as well - I will be the TALL lady in red with blue accents, m'lord will be wearing a grey kilt, possibly with a blue doublet.

Do stop off and introduce yourselves!

~Lady Orphena

GirlChris

I'm going to go to Waterloo as well, this year. It's my first time going. And I'm not on cast, so it's going to be kind of novel!

As it is Talk Like a Pirate day, I'm going to be dressed as a very purple pirate. Yay!

Orphena

Dunedon - the program looks WONDERFUL !

One teeny thing - My (real) last name has changed to that of my hubby's! If you could fix it, that would be marvelous!

Thanks!

dunedon

I'll see if I can catch it before it hits print Orphena ... if not, we'll definately get it the next time round ... I have a feeling you'll be in there again some time ;-)

- Dunedon

LadyJuliana

QuoteAs we are officially on cast (for the first time!!), we wont be able to take any pictures, so would appreciate any shots of us in action!

Congrats! If you've seen my FaceBook albums, you know me... I'll be the Renaissance Paparazzi ;)

kainar

oooooooooooooooo.... the renaissance papparrazzi, I like it Lady Juliana.

LadyJuliana

;D It may not look "period" walking around in costume with a digital camera, but I love photography & having a record of the day. One of these days I'm going to make some sort of case to put over my camera & disguise it...

Hausfrau Monica

There was a reply in another post that I saw about digital cameras not be HA.... I think the reply went something like... it was because they were digital pixies.. :D

Arianwyn

My garb is not HA, I tend towards a fantasy/wench.....didn't start out that way...was very HA.  But the more I have travelled through the US the more I have seen that Faire is what you make it, some like to be accurate, some like to be fantasy....really, what difference does it make if you are having a good time, meeting people and just enjoying life....

just sayin'    ;D

Be well.....

Arianwyn