News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new Milton ren fes

Started by kainar, August 08, 2009, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GirlChris

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on September 18, 2009, 10:01:15 AM
There was a reply in another post that I saw about digital cameras not be HA.... I think the reply went something like... it was because they were digital pixies.. :D

Well, my camera has 8 Mega Pixies, so I get some pretty good pictures

Hausfrau Monica

How was Waterloo, everyone?  I am very frustrated and angry that we could not go after all.  A day that I had been waiting for for a month and a half and we had to miss it.  Right to the last minute too.

We were getting dressed and mother-in-law (who lives with us) comes out and says she has chest pains... but not to worry, she will just call the ambulance and we can go on with our plans.  UGGGGGGHHHHH!!!  So hubby took her to the hospital and we stayed at home by the phone.  The plan was to make an early morning drive to Waterloo (from Collingwood), stay until mid afternoon and then drive all the way back to Alliston for our neice's baby shower.  Mother-in-law was going to be picked up by our nephew and go there mid-afternoon and then come home with us.  Once the hospital said that she had a blood clot in her lung but wasn't in any danger (hurry up and wait for medication to break it up), then we carried on to Alliston only to get a call just as relatives arrived from Montreal that she was released.... sooooooo, pack everything up there and drive back to Collingwood.  Turns out she has pleurisy.

We are very disappointed because no matter what the function there always seems to be an uncanny sense of timing for her to get "sick".  It has happened once too often but, we know full well, just the once that we ignore her "cry wolf" then it will be something serious and we will be absolutely miserable about it.

So, we have told her that we are finding someone to "babysit" her and the animals next weekend and making a two day trip instead of only one.  I am now looking for a hotel so that we can stay over.  The minor issue is that our son (15) will have his girlfriend with him and it makes sleeping arrangements interesting.

But, we are very optimistic and looking very much forward to donning the garb and having fun making new friends.  Sorry for the rant.... I just had to vent.   Until then,
Monica

LadyJuliana

Oh dear, M'lady Monica! I was looking around yesterday & thought I must have missed you. What a shame... I feel your pain! My future mother-in-law has a tendancy to do the exact same thing  ::)

Hausfrau Monica

Thank you for that Lady Juliana.... looking for us and sharing our dilemma.  Hubby has been beside himself all day  yesterday and today thinking that he has let us down.  How he can think it is his fault, I don't know.  I just hope and pray there are no more hitches to our attending next weekend.

Master Rayvne

Does anyone know much about the new faire....quite excited to go. Will be the last faire of the year for me. A friend of mine cancelled on me, so either day is open for me.....will all depend on the weather. My son is quite into going.....trying to get ANOTHER dagger out of me. Still unsure of the day I am going. It was cancelled earlier due to $$ issues...but all is good. Unfortunately, from what I have seen on the weather network. RAIN Saturday and light rain on Sunday.

dunedon

I'm guessing (and it's only a guess) that the rain on Saturday should be later in the evening based on the rest of the weather pattern ... now I COULD be just hopeful, as I'm one of the event organizers ... but heh, someone has to be hopeful :)

The show is the same on both days, so coming one day means you won't miss out on any of the entertainment ... you can download the program at either contryrenfest.com or fariesintime.com so check it out:)

- Dunedon

Cornwall

Hausfrau Monica

Cornwall:  Sorry in advance if my son tackles you.... :-*

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa.... only two more days until Faire!!!  Soooooo excited.  We tried on all of the garb again last night.  I have been keeping a close eye on the weather forecast and it is definitely improving... excellent news.. and we are getting a babysitter for mother-in-law and all of our animals... and the hotel is booked... the plans are all in place and we will be there with bells on (literally...I jingle!).  Will there be pickles?

I checked out the website today and it is looking exceptionally well.  All of the pertinent information is now there and the pictures are great too.  Was that at Casa Loma?

Did I mention that I am so excited???? :D :D :D

kainar

Yes the pickle guy will be making an appearance

GirlChris

Quote from: dunedon on September 23, 2009, 04:46:13 PM
The show is the same on both days, so coming one day means you won't miss out on any of the entertainment ...

AHEM! But even if you don't miss any entertainment, obviously you SHOULD come on BOTH DAYS. It is a GOOD THING to come BOTH DAYS. BOOOOOOTH DAAAAAAYS.

Lady Penelope

I hope the Pickle Guy follows through and brings Kool-Aid pickles again! I'm excited to taste any of the new flavours he's going to try!

Hausfrau Monica

glow=red,2,300]AHEM! But even if you don't miss any entertainment, obviously you SHOULD come on BOTH DAYS. It is a GOOD THING to come BOTH DAYS. BOOOOOOTH DAAAAAAYS.[/glow]

Chris:  are you trying to say something????

Lady Penelope:  Kool-aid pickles????  Pray thee, what is this you speak of?

Teehee....too much fun!

Cornwall

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on September 23, 2009, 08:16:51 PM
Cornwall:  Sorry in advance if my son tackles you.... :-*

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa.... only two more days until Faire!!!  Soooooo excited.  We tried on all of the garb again last night.  I have been keeping a close eye on the weather forecast and it is definitely improving... excellent news.. and we are getting a babysitter for mother-in-law and all of our animals... and the hotel is booked... the plans are all in place and we will be there with bells on (literally...I jingle!).  Will there be pickles?

I checked out the website today and it is looking exceptionally well.  All of the pertinent information is now there and the pictures are great too.  Was that at Casa Loma?

Did I mention that I am so excited???? :D :D :D

Hehe, don't worry I'll be on the lookout.

I think those pictures were from Casa Loma.  It's well worth going there since you have the the castle which adds a very nice touch.  I couldn't make it there this year, but had a great time last year.

LadyJuliana

Yes, those were from Casa Loma and... I'm in two of them! I feel so honored!!!  ;D ;D ;D (I'm the one holding the parasol in the group shots)

Hausfrau Monica

Juliana:  I thought I recognized you in the pictures.

Okay, so I am typing something wrong I think.  On my previous post whenever I ended the sentence with a question mark the angry face with the question marks plops itself in.  It makes it look like I am giving a pissed off twist to my question ... which I am absolutely not.  And, how do you make the previous post insert into your post and go blue please.

I have a couple hours before I have to leave for work so I want to pay the bills so that I know how much money I have left for the weekend and dig through the Christmas decorations because I know I have some more bells there.  I will also be on the hunt for a feather for John and a tail at Faire.

Two more sleeps!!!!