News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new Milton ren fes

Started by kainar, August 08, 2009, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GirlChris

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on September 24, 2009, 09:37:32 AM
Juliana:  I thought I recognized you in the pictures.

Okay, so I am typing something wrong I think.  On my previous post whenever I ended the sentence with a question mark the angry face with the question marks plops itself in.  It makes it look like I am giving a pissed off twist to my question ... which I am absolutely not. 

If you use three question marks, it automatically puts in the little frowny-face confused guy.

QuoteAnd, how do you make the previous post insert into your post and go blue please.

There's three ways to do this. First and easiest is to click the "quote" button that's on the post you want to reply to. The other option is to start writing a regular reply. Below the box where you type things in are all the previous posts in the thread. Click on the "insert quote" link in whichever post you want to quote, and it will pop that in at your cursor.

Third is to write [ quote ] [ /quote ] around whatever you want to say (minus the spaces and with the quotation in between. You don't get the automatic "quote from so and so at such and such a time" stuff, though.

Lady Penelope

Monica,
At Pirate Fest, the pickle guy had some kool-aid pickles that I had named "Plague Pickles"
They were flavoured with grape kool-aid and were a gross black/purple/green colour.
They tasted fantastic! He had said at the end of the weekend that for the faire this
weekend he might try a new flavour or two, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Orphena

M'lord Dugyn has his very first duel in the chess match. He's been working hard on it, so any pictures that could be shared would be most welcome!

We're looking forward to being there! Hope to see you all!!!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Hausfrau Monica

Faire is tomorrow!!!!  Yippeeeee!!!  I am just soooo tired from a long day on my feet.  I will have a cup of tea, get our packing done and then early to bed so we can be up early, make lunches and be on our way to meet new friends.  I can't wait to meet you all.

Chris:  Thanks for the info.  That makes a lot more sense now.

The pickles sound very interesting and the kids are game to try.

Off to bed soon.... I need my rest for our exciting day tomorrow.  See you all soon

Hausfrau Monica

Huzzah for Faire!!

We're home now and I wanted to say that the whole family thoroughly enjoyed themselves at our first Faire.  Well done to the organizers!  We had a wonderful time.

Thank you for introducing yourself Lady Juliana.  We all were feeling shy and nervous but you made us feel welcome.  John changed into his garb about an hour after we arrived when he felt more comfortable.  The birds of prey were very interesting, the bowing and curtsying lessons were fun too. After lunch I tried on a bodice at the Merchant's Wife....the gentleman who assisted me was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.  John was so taken with the bodice that he told me not to take it off.  I am very pleased with it too.  Zac, our son, said that I had undone enough buttons on my chemise though  ;D  I know I will have lots of fun finding new ways to wear it.  Unfortunately, I had to find cover when it rained otherwise the "girls" would have been far too prominent since my chemise was fairly sheer...especially when wet!

Chris... I am sorry that we didn't get to talk.  Juliana pointed you out though.  And I think Airnwyn was there too?

Worms! and Pickles! now take on a whole new meaning in our vocabularies.  What fun  :P

We took several pictures and I hope to be able to use one for my avatar.

What is the Christmas event that was in the program about?  Could someone give us some more details about that.  How soon will there be dates available for Faires next year?

With thanks to all for a fabulous day!

Cornwall

Despite the weather I had a great time there.  Though I was disappointed with the rain on Saturday which prevented me from suiting up for the day.  So if anyone was trying to keep an eye out for me then I'm sorry to disappoint cause I was really looking forward to having the dragon make an appearance.  I was thinking of bringing a substitute along so that there would be a dragon sighting but the rain prevented from me to do that as well.  I saw so many there that I recognize that I wish I had the urge to go up to them, explain to him or her who I am and show a picture that I have on my cell phone.  Here's looking forward to the next Country Renaissance Festival.

dunedon

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on September 27, 2009, 03:15:39 PM
What is the Christmas event that was in the program about?  Could someone give us some more details about that.  How soon will there be dates available for Faires next year?

This I can do :) First though ... glad you had fun at our first annual fair! Huzzah!

The Christmas Event is Dinner & Show with The Tartan Terrors, you can find out more about it at http://christmas.fairesintime.com/ ...

Show dates for 2010 ... I can tell you for sure that The Pirate Festival will be on the August long weekend, and we intend to have the Country Renaissance Festival on the first weekend of June.  Official announcements will be posted in January of 2010 at the latest.

Hope that helps and hope to see you again soon! - Dunedon (aka. Keith)

Master Rayvne

Huzzah for Faire!!

We're home now and I wanted to say that the whole family thoroughly enjoyed themselves at our first Faire.  Well done to the organizers!  We had a wonderful time.

Thank you for introducing yourself Lady Juliana.  We all were feeling shy and nervous but you made us feel welcome.  John changed into his garb about an hour after we arrived when he felt more comfortable.  The birds of prey were very interesting, the bowing and curtsying lessons were fun too. After lunch I tried on a bodice at the Merchant's Wife....the gentleman who assisted me was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.  John was so taken with the bodice that he told me not to take it off.  I am very pleased with it too.  Zac, our son, said that I had undone enough buttons on my chemise though  ;D  I know I will have lots of fun finding new ways to wear it.  Unfortunately, I had to find cover when it rained otherwise the "girls" would have been far too prominent since my chemise was fairly sheer...especially when wet!

Chris... I am sorry that we didn't get to talk.  Juliana pointed you out though.  And I think Airnwyn was there too?

Worms! and Pickles! now take on a whole new meaning in our vocabularies.  What fun  :P

We took several pictures and I hope to be able to use one for my avatar.

Arianwyn and myself were both there with my son. I believe we may have crossed paths leaving but not entirely sure.

It was a nice little faire. Hopefully it will grow.

Glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves. If you can, definitely take in some of the faires in the US. Phenomenal.

Cheers.

Hausfrau Monica

Hubby and I have been talking about how much fun we had at Faire and have thought that we would like to participate in some way in order to meet more people.  By participate I mean to possibly become a vendor... neither one of us has a drop of performance blood in us.

John is a welder by trade and was interested in the blacksmith that was there.  He wants to bring some of his decorative wrought iron items that would be appropriate for this atmosphere.  I am a chef and have been known for my traditional German pretzels.  Is there a place for a strolling pretzel seller?  Would I have to become a "vendor" or be under my hubby's vendor permit if he had a stall?  His business has the insurance policy already in place.

Any direction in this area would be appreciated.  We would have to work over the winter to get a stock base ready for next year's faires.

LadyJuliana

Quote from: Hausfrau MonicaThank you for introducing yourself Lady Juliana.  We all were feeling shy and nervous but you made us feel welcome.  

I just had a feeling that was you... I'm so glad I was right!

Quote from: Master RayvneArianwyn and myself were both there with my son. I believe we may have crossed paths leaving but not entirely sure.

I took your picture & then noticed your pins later! Somehow I lost you in the crowd & never got a chance to introduce myself properly - sorry!

For those who aren't on my FaceBook friends list, here's where you can see my pix...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34996&id=1501980015&l=51e62b7c82

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35117&id=1501980015&l=e6730e84e1

BTW, if you ARE on FaceBook, please feel free to friend me!

Alacrity

We had a great time. Weather held out for us but William could only take so much. Here are the pictures I took.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=125770&id=715256313&l=c8983038e1
Trust me, I'm a Dungeon Master

kainar

Dang, that was a fun faire.  We've already started planning for next year, and I've already been told no several times in my planning... But we are working towards bigger and better. Thanks to everyone, and huzzah to the new faire.

Midnightblue

Just thought i'd post a picture for Orphena this is the only one we took of you by yourself hope you like it

dunedon

I just LOVE the look on her face :)

SwordintheStoneCrafts

Quote from: dunedon on September 27, 2009, 11:34:02 PM

This I can do :) First though ... glad you had fun at our first annual fair! Huzzah!

The Christmas Event is Dinner & Show with The Tartan Terrors, you can find out more about it at http://christmas.fairesintime.com/ ...

You should let the good folk here know that you've cancelled that event even though the link you provide still has ticket information available on it.

Oh wait, I just did ;).

See everyone in 2010!
Adam
fine leathergoods for the new renaissance