News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MDRF Labor Day Invasion 2008

Started by Scotsman, May 21, 2008, 11:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaireGirl69

It was a grand day today at MDRF!  I had such a wonderful time and meeting a bunch of you from here in person was just great!  Thanks for making me feel welcome.

:D
- Dolores in PA

"If they outlaw guns, can we go back to using swords?" - bumper sticker saying

DarkLord

I too was able to make it down on the spur of the moment. Unfortunately I missed all the meet and greets but ran into a number of friends nonetheless.  'Twas a great faire day!
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

jmkhalfmoon

Great joy to see all on Saturday.  Master James I believe that you were parked in front of us and we left about the same time.  Were you and the lady in Celtic garb? 

Laird, I hope the safety pin came out all right and not so shiny....if you see Laird wearing a favor with a half moon bead, don't touch it, you don't want to know where its been.

Thank you for the favor and well met, Pin'n.

mehan

Thanks to all for making us feel to welcome!  As ususal, we had a wonderful time with our ren faire family.   A great big Huzzah to Lady Loma and Scotsman for their hospitality (I hope that bagel bird doesn't explode on your car again any time soon).   

Have fun, and travel safe.... we shall see you again soon. 

Feline Groovy

While I'm sorry we were only able to play on Saturday, I'm very glad we did make it for that day!  Thanks again to all for making us both feel so welcome.  And yanno, I just might have that man in a kilt by CRF.............
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Lady_Glorianna

I am sorry I missed the picture on Sunday. Today (Monday) I missed faire altogether as Sir Dragon had a very bad night (I actually left faire early on Sunday) and was still not doing good this morning so I have stayed home. Hope you all had a great time and will come back to see us ;) ;D ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Feline it was so nice to meet you and your husband, it was a great day. Got my fingers crossed for you on that kilt. ;D

Lady Glorianna I am so sorry we did not get the chance to meet, I seen you at the pub but you were very busy with everyone. Hopefully next time.And I'm so sorry to hear your husband is not doing well.You are in my prayers.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

LadySeasan

i do hope everyone had a great time! although i was not able to make this year (i suppose its for the best as i was not feeling very well and was having pain flare ups due to fibro myalgia) but i will be back soon :) definitely for closing weekend!

i now realize that i should have booked a room way before now :(

great pictures also!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Feline Groovy

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on September 01, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
Feline it was so nice to meet you and your husband, it was a great day. Got my fingers crossed for you on that kilt. ;D

And right back at ya.  :)    His family plaid is red-based so you'll definitely notice him if I can indeed get it to happen.  *grin*
Where was I going and how do I get there?

DuCoeur

Thanks for the pics...Wish I could have made it down.

Definately Finale Weekend!!!

And I missed Mehan and Ewan...Sheesh.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lumpy

So good to see so many folks over the weekend in Revel Grove, thanks for visiting and please come back any time.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

Aiacha

Thank you for such a welcoming time.  DS and I arrived back in Houston without any incident last night and I'm going to be emptying my camera of pictures this morning.  Your shire is quite pretty and fun to walk around.

Ranna

Greetings!  On a fluke my husband and I decided to take a trip down to the Renn Fest on Monday and we ran into so many of you!  One gentleman in particular directed us to check out this site - it was Count Adolfo - there were others from this crew but I can't remember since my husband and two friends were insistant on getting me drunk off meade.  I was truly impressed to hear how far some of you traveled just to check out our neck of the woods (literally!).

I wish I could travel around and check out other fests - perhaps when the kids are alittle older!  But it was really nice meeting some of you, sounds like you had a great weekend (and the weather held out for you - it notoriously rains on Labor Day).

My name is Jessica, I was the gal decked out in lots of frog jewelry.  My husband is Jim, my kilt sportin bear of a man. :)
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

Lupa

It was great to meet and host the R/F crowd.  It was a beautiful and fun-filled weekend!  We cannot wait for Rendezvous next year and the return of the R/Fers.

HUZZAH!!
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

Master James

Quote from: jmkhalfmoon on September 01, 2008, 10:10:08 AM
Great joy to see all on Saturday.  Master James I believe that you were parked in front of us and we left about the same time.  Were you and the lady in Celtic garb? 

Laird, I hope the safety pin came out all right and not so shiny....if you see Laird wearing a favor with a half moon bead, don't touch it, you don't want to know where its been.

Thank you for the favor and well met, Pin'n.

Yes that was probably us.  I'm guessing you were parked next to the Hummer (friends of ours).  Glad you had a good time.  There were so many people there it was hard to meet them all!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51