News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Queen looking for work.

Started by Syrilla, August 09, 2009, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

As long as we have the Holy Roman Empire at our disposal, we have room for another queen at BARF. *hint hint*

Count Adolfo

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Count Adolfo on October 05, 2009, 11:28:02 AM
She has quite a bit in common with Syrilla... wondrously talented...
and positively radiant!
Yeah I bet she does Count. If you ask me you guys at BARF would be in for a real treat if you had Syrilla as your queen.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Count Adolfo

dueling Queens?

LOL!!! That'd require quite a creative storyline...
but I can tell you, I KNOW it'd be a treat to have Syrilla around in ANY capacity!!!

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Count Adolfo on October 06, 2009, 01:20:07 AM
thou art implying I share...
:( >:(

:P :P :P :-[ :P :P :P

Art thou calling thyself a queen, dear Count?

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Count Adolfo on October 10, 2009, 10:20:57 PM
dueling Queens?

LOL!!! That'd require quite a creative storyline...
but I can tell you, I KNOW it'd be a treat to have Syrilla around in ANY capacity!!!

Count Adolpho my good friend

It need not be as creative as you might think.  The story line is already there

Think Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots.

OR

With a french/italian twist

you could do Catherine De Medici and Diane De Poitiers(Henry II of France)

Needless to say either one would be extremely entertaining WOT???????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

lordwriothsley

BLAKDUKE I like how your mind works here my friend cause that would sound like a brilliant story line for BARF if you ask me.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Count Adolfo

BLAKDUKE struck me as brilliant when first I met him...
and has continued to amaze me from there!!!

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Count Adolfo on October 14, 2009, 01:52:33 PM
BLAKDUKE struck me as brilliant when first I met him...
and has continued to amaze me from there!!!

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWW  Shucks Count Y'all jus sain that cauz it's true.

BLAKDUKE

I had this discussion once with a faire director who shall remain nameless.  The faire was going to be without a royal monarch of any kind and I suggested that the faire consider 2 ladies who were already on cast and that they would make a perfect Elisabeth and Mary Queen of Scots.   However this individual could not see past Henry VIII as King.  His reasoning was "he was the most recognizable".  Which I felt was as dumb a reason as could be used.   If you look around, with only a few exceptions, most faires do only Henry or Elisabeth.     KCRF does a French court scenario, St Louis does Henry II but confuses dates and marriages,  GCRF does their own fictitious King, there may be more, I don't know.   Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with any of these folks and I am in no way disparaging them, but it would be nice to see more of a diverse set of characters.  For example, the Spanish court of Phillip II, the German court(The Holy Roman Emperor),  or the Italian court.    Of course diversity can go haywire.  There was a faire some time back that billed itself as a Renaissance faire that had King Arthur and his knights and they were battled by Robin Hood.  Now come on.    And so M'lord   lordwriothsley, mention this to the powers to be at BARF and see if they are willing to take up the challenge, it is only a matter of adding one character to the cast.  

Count Adolfo

We also have Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor
We don't have an Italian Court, so to speak, but the good Visconte Vincente, Falcone, Isabella and I do our level best to represent the great Kingdom of Italy...

lordwriothsley

BLAKDUKE I just might take you up on your offer my friend cause like I said before the idea of dueling queens would make for an awesome storyline for BARF if you ask me.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Count Adolfo

we'll have to pass it along and see if it's something that may be entertained in the future... I don't see them jumping timeframe just like that.

BLAKDUKE

I thought that their current scenario WAS Q.E. I   How does that jump time frame.

Count Adolfo

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on October 22, 2009, 09:26:52 AM
I thought that their current scenario WAS Q.E. I   How does that jump time frame.

no, Sir... Henry VIII and Catherine Parr